DBZ guitars are good quality from what I've heard, but they're ugly as hell in my opinion
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
yeah, ive been loving Deans new guitars, i would buy one, but the venoms are way to big for a guy of my size, the guys on the DBZ forum say the imports play better than some of Dean Guitars USA made guitars, defiantly try one out before you order, not that they're bad, just to see the feel, the weight , like any other guitar really, but as its Mr. Dean Zelinsky at the reigns of the company and has a good eye on the imports aswell as the USA, you can be assured that the quality is there.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
I seen some DBZ models before they were released for sale to the general public, they look and sound marvelous. The band Dope plays nothing but Deans and DBZ Guitars live now as well, check out their music to hear how these sound
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I think they look cool, I'm sure they sound good, but I would personally never pay that much for one of those guitars, for that much for an instrument, at that price it better make me go off and clean up afterwards. I'd love to own one though.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Flux'D
I seen some DBZ models before they were released for sale to the general public, they look and sound marvelous. The band Dope plays nothing but Deans and DBZ Guitars live now as well, check out their music to hear how these sound

....like EMGs and post-production?

that's how most guitars sound unless you hear it in person.

My local shop carries DBZ now, tbh they look a touch cheesy.
Quote by Tedward
....like EMGs and post-production?

that's how most guitars sound unless you hear it in person.

Like played one myself and seen Dope live during their tour for their last album that was recorded late 2008/early 2009 with Dean and DBZ before they were released to the general public earlier this year
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Last edited by Flux'D at May 19, 2010,
Quote by Flux'D
Like played one myself and seen Dope live during their tour for their last album that was recorded late 2008/early 2009 with Dean and DBZ before they were released to the general public earlier this year

Can you tell the difference between every individual guitar that they use between songs on that album without looking it up?
Quote by Tedward
Can you tell the difference between every individual guitar that they use between songs on that album without looking it up?

Here's a picture of their lead guitarist Virus with his two custom DBZ Guitars in 2009 right around the time of recording their last studio album "No Regrets"

SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Last edited by Flux'D at May 19, 2010,
...with EMG's in it them bud,

anyway....

they are meant to be pretty solid guitars but for the money i would rather go else where.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Switch in a SD invader and make it a hard tail and I'd buy it
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Most of the DBZ guitars are priced pretty fair, in my opinion. There are some entry-intermediate leveled ones that cost under $400. Then there's the USA Customs which I still think are pretty reasonable. They vary from $2,500-$5,500. Most come with a choice of EMG's or the DBZ stock pickups.

Unfortunately, the Darkside of Dean imports don't feature hardtail bridges or passive pickups. However, the Premier series of DBZ guitars is full of very well-priced guitars. Most are under $800, and you get a lot of bang for the buck.

I'm dying to try out one, but the nearest shop to my house (last time I checked) that stocks these is about 45 minutes away.
I've played em before. For the china imports they were actually awesome. I've never actually heard anything bad except for a few problems with the matt finishes. Those are pretty solid guitars for their price. Honestly for my taste the guitar sounds a lil bit too thin to me. The venoms and bird of preys also have a made in korea series which is better (but you'll have to surf around the online stores abit to find them). The neck is a V shape neck too fyi. Some people likes them but personally I hate them... its just sooooo weird.
Quote by diofan88
Switch in a SD invader and make it a hard tail and I'd buy it

my thoughts exactly.
these are great guitars.. was going to cost me six and a half grand to import to Aus... they are way over priced
Yeah, I really don't like how those look. At that kinda price there are far better alternatives. Dont know how they play though, haven't tried one yet.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Most of the DBZ guitars are priced pretty fair, in my opinion. There are some entry-intermediate leveled ones that cost under $400. Then there's the USA Customs which I still think are pretty reasonable. They vary from $2,500-$5,500. Most come with a choice of EMG's or the DBZ stock pickups.

Unfortunately, the Darkside of Dean imports don't feature hardtail bridges or passive pickups. However, the Premier series of DBZ guitars is full of very well-priced guitars. Most are under $800, and you get a lot of bang for the buck.

I'm dying to try out one, but the nearest shop to my house (last time I checked) that stocks these is about 45 minutes away.

The Dark Side guitars actually do have a passive option if you get the venom or bird of prey II. slightly less money. I would actually go for that over the EMG's...esp on the white venom...i really like the gold hardware and black EMG's kind of ruin it.

I think the prices are pretty good. I actually just got a sweet deal on a Bolero. listed as $700 online with $160 for the case....i am getting both for $650...plus it will be signed by Dean Z himself.

I haven't gotten to try any myself...but i have heard nothing but good things about them. I will have a chance to try some next week...i will document my finds asap (i.e. post a thread). Plus once i get the Bolero, i will go all nine yards with that...pics, vid(s), and review. I personally think these guitars are at the very least worth looking into. Once i get to try a few, i can justify my support for them.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein