Hello. I need advice on what VST bass plug in to purchase. I have no idea about these things. I have EZDrummer for drums but I cant find a good review on bass vsti's.

It'd be good if it has the option to load a midi file into it like EZDrummer. Anyone? Price is not a problem I think so suggest anything.
I've heard of people recording bass parts on clean guitars, then shifting it down an octave. Although whenever I've tried this, it hasn't worked. I suppose there are people who know how to get it to work though (Providing it does work and isn't just a myth).

The only time I've used a guitar as a bass and got decent results was when I was playing around with some Meshuggah-esque riffs in Dropped G# or G (I can't remember, it was low). But the bass plays in the same octave as the guitar anyway with them, so all I had to do was use some VST Amp Simulation on it and it sounded fine.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Hmm I found one called Spectrasonics Trillian but I cant find anywhere wether it supports loading a midi file (like EZDrummer) or not.

Can anyone help me out?
Last edited by haceteunosmates at May 19, 2010,
In the past, I've tried Trilogy (previous version of Spectrasonics Trilian) and it was possible to "read" a midi file (like any VST Instrument plugin I guess). So, I'm sure at 99,9% that you can do the same with Trilian.

You just have to load Trillian in your recording software, create your midi track and assign Trillian in midi input of this track and that's all.
http://www.yohng.com/bass.html

thats a freebie

check out this page too

http://www.remixsoft.com/plugins/best-bass-guitar-vst-plugins/

some of those appear to be free
The kontakt scarbee basses are awesome if you can afford the setup.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Spectrasonics Trilian sounds great from what I just heard in some of their sample videos. I may add it to my software collection.

35Gb is quite a bit of space to see at first but with the low price of 1TB drives these days, you will hardly fill up the program drive and you are sure to get great sounds with that amount of samples pumped into the program.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 19, 2010,
i use the forefront bass vsti.its free and pretty good.it doesnt support midi by itself but your DAW should be able to support a midi track and then just add the vst to the fx chain
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Trilian. Hands down.

I will post a sample tomorrow using it
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Trilian. Hands down.

I will post a sample tomorrow using it

Thanks
Quote by haceteunosmates
Hmm I found one called Spectrasonics Trillian but I cant find anywhere wether it supports loading a midi file (like EZDrummer) or not.

Can anyone help me out?

It should be able to. If it doesn't you could always use a step sequencer. Those will take midi for anything.
Quote by TechnicolorType
It should be able to. If it doesn't you could always use a step sequencer. Those will take midi for anything.

It does. Just make sure it's in the correct key. The lowest notes that sound natural are C0 with Trilian.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.