I finally finished my ITS8 build last week. During the process I realize how the wrong adapter can damage a pedal. I had used a 12V adapter for a 9V pedal. It ended up frying the op amp and the first capacitor. Anyways, I add used that same adapter before with both my boss DD-3 and Boss GE-7. They both still work. However, the effect level of the Boss DD-3 doesn't seem as strong. It could be my imagination b/c it has been a long time since I used it. Now if a part was damaged, it would be easy to diagnose and remedy the problem. However, I'm not even exactly sure if the pedal is damaged at all. Any Suggestions?
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
If you're going to run pedals at higher voltages, a good rule of thumb is to open it up and check all the electrolytic caps to see if they can handle the increased voltage. If not, replace them with higher voltage ones. Their max voltage rating is usually printed right on them. Also check the chips datasheets to see what voltages they can handle.
Okay...I don't plan on running pedals at higher voltage...it was just a dumbass mistake...but if the electrolytic capacitors were destroyed shouldn't the pedal not be working? What do you mean by chip datasheets?
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."