i currently have a fender blues junior, it has wonderful cleans, and i use a Visual Sound jekyll and hyde pedal for my OD/distortion. I love the amp, and think the OD/distortion is good, but i have only been playing for about two years so i probably will think its crap in a few years.

my question is, will there be a great rise in quality of the distortion if i switch to a Marshall DSL? this is the amp i would look at, based on the reviews, if i was going for a distortion-mostly amp. if anyone has any better suggestions, please feel free, and also include in your post whether it is worth it to buy the DSL or similarly priced alternative, or should i trade in my blues junior for it?

I can afford the DSL, but that would take away from the car fund, something that is very important to me, so $600 is about my limit. I play a MIM Fender Strat, and my friend has an epiphone SG for when i want to get a really good distortion tone, i play mostly classic rock, and am looking for a Led Zeppelin to early Black Sabaath distortion, but would also like some good blues tones. thank you in advance for reading the thread, and any answers you have.
Why would you get a new amp if you love yours.....
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Are you talking the DSL401?

Id take the BJ any day of the week over the 401.

If you like it now, maybe wait untill you dont (Which you never no, you might still like it in 40 years), when you have more of a budget and can buy something more of an upgrade.
I think you have a very nice setup for now seriously
If you like it keep it the way it is
I think that if you like what you have and it does what you need it to do, there's no reason to switch.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
That's a pretty awesome setup you have there already.

However, if you want something heavier, you could look into these...

Bugera V22
Egnater Tweaker Combo
Jet City JCA20 Combo

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Id also take the BJ anyday of the week, now onto amps, if your happy and like your tone the pedal you have is a pretty good distortion pedal, visual sound makes good products across the board
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
^Icwatudidthere.

(I chuckled.)
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I wish I had your gear. Honestly though. Just always save your money and wait until there is something you don't like about your gear. You're doing just fine right now and the DSL401 doesn't sound THAT great.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by britishsligean
the dsl will get heavier and will touch being able to play metal

DSLs can easily go beyond "touching" metal.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
^ I agree entirely, though I don't know if I'd want to play metal with el84 power tubes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Hey TS, I have a similar setup.

I run my Mim SSS Strat (with a hot-rail like pickup in the bridge) into my BuddyGuy Wah > V2 Jekyll and Hyde > V2 H20 > Tolex Fender Blues Junior

That's my setup.

I play a wide range of stuff from some jazzy improv to blues to heavier stuff like A7X (favorite band) and metallica etc.

I've found that I can get pretty satisfactory tones to cover all of those with this setup, if you have any specific questions about settings or something I'll be glad to offer my suggestions
dont lose your car fund money..
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The J&H is a pretty good pedal. You should be able to get Zep and BS with your setup.