So I've had a Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz V3 for more than a couple months, and while it sounds great, there is a problem.

I have a Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, and when I'm playing on the bridge pickup and the bridge and middle pickups, the fuzz sounds great. But when I move to the other pickup settings, mainly the bridge pickup, the fuzz gets farty and the highs and lows get all loose and jumbled. Now on my old amp, a Line 6 AX2, the fuzz was smooth on all pickups, but when I got my VOX AC4, the pickup problems occurred.

So, I was playing pretty loud and I had in foam earplugs. I turn on the fuzz and switch to my neck pickup and viola; great, smooth, sustaining fuzz. I made no changes to my amp settings, just put in the earplugs. So I figure that it has something to do with the frequencies the earplugs cancel out. Am I right?

Can anyone figure out, first, why the earplugs have such an impact on the sound I hear, and second, how I can make my fuzz pedal sound less farty on the neck pickup?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
It's on a completely clean setting.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Bump.

Anything at all?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Quote by Zoot Allures
it might be saturating cus of high bass, i do this so i get the squishy sound cus i like it. turn the bass down and it might go away also, don't drive the amp at all, keep it clean.

The VOX AC4 doesn't have an EQ at all. Would an EQ pedal do the trick?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
I have the output so it matches the clean volume, so I'm pretty sure that it's not driving the amp at all. But the pedal still gets farty on my neck pickup pretty much no matter what settings I have.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees