We had an argument in class today over this after reading a novel.

The question was "Do you think a person's beauty comes from the way they look or the way they are on the inside??" (meaning like personality, values, etc.)

I sided in the middle. All the people on the personality side argued that they're only attracted to people who are genuine, polite, caring, etc.

I basically told them it was total bullshit. Yeah, someone possessing or not possessing those characteristics can have an effect on attraction but ultimately they were arguing sentimentality over biology.

I even asked them if they would hang out with someone who refused to shower if said person happened to have an amazing personality and be really caring. They said yes.

I call BS. Looks/physical attributes has a lot to do with attraction.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
People will say that but its bull shit. All the popular girls say "I realllly care about personality, looks are a bonus"

Well it's the opposite. Looks are more common, good personality is a bonus to them.

I don't get how girls/guys keep getting screwed over by each other over and over if they've really found the right guy with the awesome personality.
some people are afraid of admitting that they're only human.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
What novel were you reading?

But yeah, trying to be objective sucks when everyone is convinced otherwise.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Yeah, of course they're lying. They wouldn't date a guy/girl with giant moles, a unibrow, and a gap no matter good a person he/she is. Plain and simple.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at May 19, 2010,
They are different types of beauty. Different types of beauty will become more or less important depending on what the person is looking for. For example, when I'm looking for a friend to hang out with I'm looking for personality, not looks. If I'm looking for a quick hook up, I'm going to go for physical beauty. If I'm going to look for a serious relationship, I'm going to look for someone who strikes a good balance. not sure if I answered anything there.
Hey clash hows that jet city half stack?? I was thinking about getting it but couldn't find any reveiws. Then i saw your sig.
Looks are the bait, but personality is the hook. That's how I see it at least. Someone's looks get me interested but I won't stay interested if their personality is shit.