what the hell is this vinyl everyone keeps creaming their pants over? its like a record right? those things were out of style like 20 years ago why are they so important today? and why does everyone say the sound is ssssooo good on them? it cant have better sound quality than an ipod right? what do you play a vinly on anyways? is this worth putting on my birthday list? will this replace the ipod/mp3 and digital music?
Last edited by thrashaholic666 at May 19, 2010,
listen to The Wind Cries Mary on vinyl and then rethink that ipod statement.

A lot of music sounds better on vinyl.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
listen to The Wind Cries Mary on vinyl and then rethink that ipod statement.

A lot of music sounds better on vinyl.

but what is a vinyl
Just do a google search on it...

I'm not an expert, but vinyl is analog, opposed to digital on CDs, iTunes, etc. Some people claim analog is better quality, but some people say that even if it is analog, the digital sample rate is better, from what I've seen the quality can't be declared better or worse.

If you want to look into, find a parent's or friend's and give it a listen, then decide which you like better.

EDIT: I personally prefer digital because of the convenience, as I never sit back and have a full listening experience, its always while I'm doing something else.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Last edited by Eliyahu at May 19, 2010,
Yes, the sound quality is much better than mp3s (which are usually on your iPod). A lot of people also collect them just for the novelty of it and you can get some nice old classical music recordings on vinyl (if you're into that).

Quote by thrashaholic666
but what is a vinyl

...Don't call it "a vinyl". Just call it a "record" or LP. A good source for your answer is right here: http://www.google.com/
Last edited by dantheguitarist at May 19, 2010,
Terrible troll.
It's what they make their furniture out of in Australia, duh!
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by thrashaholic666
but what is a vinyl

It's simply a record made from vinyl, a regular record.

It's just nostalgic.
Quote by thrashaholic666
but what is a vinyl

a record
vinyl is the material its made of

your ipod will not have better quality than a record unless you are playing .FLAC files
MP3 are higher compression and you lose a lot of the vibe/background noise/extra tidbits that really make songs what they are
Toasting in epic bread.

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia