Page 1 of 2
I hate this.

Does anyone else have that feeling EVERY time you wake up from a nap [if you nap] where your heart is racing SUPER fast, your chest hurts... basically like you're panicking to hell like your family has a gun to their heads? Then you're super-awake and just... it's very uncomfortable.

But it's ONLY when I take a nap. Normal sleeping is fine.

P.S. I never really napped my whole life, but now I'm starting to sometimes.
No, whenever I take naps (every day :p I wake up feeling awful and depressed.
Nope, never had that feeling

Looks like it's just you broski
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I feel like crap after I nap. One of my body parts hurts pretty bad too. Usually my chest, back, or one of my arms.
Sail upon the open skies
I always feel refreshed after I nap.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
I think I know what you're talking about. When I wake up from a nap I'm usually really sweaty and instantly wide awake. My body's also stiffer than it is when I sleep at night for 3 times as long.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
No. In fact I just took a nap from 5 30 till 7 pm. Do you drink a lot of caffeine during the day?

Not really, no. Most/all of the caffeine I drink is in the nighttime. The only drinks I have are usually at lunch at school, which is normally... like gatorade or something. Not high in caffeine that I know of.
I feel awful after naps, just not in that way. I'm groggy and grumpy. Then I end up staying up later for as long as I napped. No fun.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Not really, no. Most/all of the caffeine I drink is in the nighttime. The only drinks I have are usually at lunch at school, which is normally... like gatorade or something. Not high in caffeine that I know of.

Hm... I dunno then. I know caffeine can cause stuff like that, it does to me (well, high amounts, lets say a Monster energy or 2 at 10 pm and then bed at 1 or 2).

How much sleep do you get at night?

Sounds like you are having panic attacks while you sleep...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I always feel really dirty. Like, really, really dirty. Normally I've been drooling and one of my arms or shoulders hurts.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Hm... I dunno then. I know caffeine can cause stuff like that, it does to me (well, high amounts, lets say a Monster energy or 2 at 10 pm and then bed at 1 or 2).

How much sleep do you get at night?

Usually between 6-7 hours on weekdays. 9-11 on weekends.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN

Not only that but usually I nap in my jeans so when I wake up I'm sweaty as hell. Also, my teeth are DISGUSTING. Like a million layers of germs..
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I always feel great after a nap. But if I take a really good one I always wake up and feel like I've been sleeping for days and it's really hard to get used to the fact that it's still the same day as when I went to sleep.
I have a hard time waking back up...
And sometimes I wake up sweaty and dehydrated depending on where I fell asleep (with blankets on and stuff) and then I'm just cranky and irritable.
When I nap, I wake up and feel bad because I feel like I missed something while I was asleep. Its weird but I always feel like I should be doing something else with my time than sleep.
ESP EC-1000 VB
Ibanez Gio
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Quote by EuBoat
No, but my mouth always feels weird.

Mine too.

And I just generally feel weird after I wake up from a nap.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Sometimes I feel kinda panicked if I think I've slept for too long and missed something, but normally I wake up the same way I do after a "full" night's sleep.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Yeah I noticed if I nap for more than like 30 minutes I wake up very tired, depressed, anxious, and just generally feeling weird and dazed.

I now set an alarm for 20 minutes whenever I take a nap, and always wake up feeling energized rather than depressed.

I think some people just can't take long naps. My cousin takes 2-4 hour naps every day and he always wakes up fine rather than groggy
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
No. Infact I am a napping *****; I do that shit everyday. I have what I like to call a "sweet spot" in napping terms. 1-2 hours is the perfect refreshed cat nap. It is just enough to get a good rest but not too much to be left feeling groggy.

45 min is also acceptable. I like to call that one a power nap. I do that one before classes! Its weird, ive done it so much that I just wake up when I want to. Never over sleep my naps and I never set an alarm clock.

All that said, when I SLEEP I wake up feeling like a train hit me
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
When I nap on my couch, I wake up very hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Napping at school, however, is very nice for me.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
I wake up disoriented, not knowing where I am, where everyone is, what time it is etc etc.
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Nah, I just woke up from one a few minutes ago and I felt great. I then feasted on a baked potato with chili and cheese.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I think it might be because I, like some other people in here have said, feel like they miss something when they nap. That's the exact reason why I've never really done it, so maybe that's why.
I found that napping in school for any period of time (even as short as two minutes) refreshed me more than anything else in the world when I woke up. I literally fell asleep in a class for two minutes, my teacher woke me up and yelled at me, but when I woke up I was completely awake.

The more comfortable my napping position, the harder it is for me to wake up after a nap. In my bed is the worst, I have a horrible time getting out of bed, even if I only slept for an hour.
Quote by due 07
No, whenever I take naps (every day :p I wake up feeling awful and depressed.

I always feel this way too. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm wasting my life sleeping
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Sleep is like an orgasm for me. I cant even explain. Its like that intense indulging yourself feeling.

Like if you were a total fat ass and werent allowed to eat chocolate chip cookies for a very long time (Cookie police's orders), but then one special day you were allowed to with no restraints. Go away, im not paid to make examples. Add in your favorite sweet. I danno.

The best part is when someone tries to wake you up and you are in that stage of still asleep but also awake. Like you can hear them and everything and talk back, but you are still dreaming/sleeping. And then you go back to sleep like a lazy ass, half aware and half not, while drooling all over your pillow.

Which brings me to another point. Drooling. Best sleeps ever. Ive woken up with my whole arm and half of my face covered in drool before. Shit is like glue, man. I think im addicted to sleep.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I feel bad for you. Sleep is comparable to an orgasm for me, it just feels so good. Napping is like that point where someone wakes you up but you aren't really up, you are like awake but asleep at the same time. It's like you are dreaming and shit, but you are aware about what is going on around you in real life. Shit is so cash, I nap everyday. I've got a spare then lunch, so I've got about 10 spots in various parks/fields around my school for napping, which I've ranked depending on the weather. There's this one spot where there is a slight hill, shade, breeze, quiet... it's perfect. Thread makes me want to go to sleep.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at May 19, 2010,
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Sleep is like an orgasm for me. I cant even explain. Its like that intense indulging yourself feeling.

Like if you were a total fat ass and werent allowed to eat chocolate chip cookies for a very long time (Cookie police's orders), but then one special day you were allowed to with no restraints. Go away, im not paid to make examples. Add in your favorite sweet. I danno.

The best part is when someone tries to wake you up and you are in that stage of still asleep but also awake. Like you can hear them and everything and talk back, but you are still dreaming/sleeping. And then you go back to sleep like a lazy ass, half aware and half not, while drooling all over your pillow.

Which brings me to another point. Drooling. Best sleeps ever. Ive woken up with my whole arm and half of my face covered in drool before. Shit is like glue, man. I think im addicted to sleep.

You need help.

Yesterday morning when I woke up both arms were COMPLETELY dead. I could NOT control them. So trying to grab my phone to silence the alarm quite literally looked like I was having a seizure, with my arms flailing all over the place like a tard. It kinda scared me.
Page 1 of 2