Alright, i really am dumb because i have a floyd rose and i accidently removed all of my old strings at once when i broke my string. Does anyone know how i can go about installing a new fresh set of strings? I know, ive changed my strings fine a couple times before and got confused with my acoustic or something...zzzz=/
Just restring it with the same brand/gauge as before. It will return back to level once you get all the strings back in tune.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
So obviously your FR is now fully recessed into the body, right?

yes, it is. It has no tension on it. I heard that you shouldnt change the strings regularly, because it may mess up the springs inside. I looked it up but i wasnt able to really understand the description they gave of changing the strings...
Quote by webwarmiller
Just restring it with the same brand/gauge as before. It will return back to level once you get all the strings back in tune.

Yes, it should be EXACTLY as it was before if you do it correctly. Take it slow and try to not mess anything up.
dude, i feel for you. I really do. I once done something similar and it took me hours to get it tuned and set up properly. Hope it goes well for you man,
Come listen to some of my songs:

My Music
alright guys, i was successfully able to put on a new set of strings without many problems by putting something under the trem to keep it up. I got the strings all in tune, but the 6,5,4th string are really close to the fretboard that it is buzzing really badly. Is there any way to fix this? not sure if im supposed to tighten the screws on the bridge or not, never been in this situation before.
So the smaller strings are sitting normally but the thicker strings are really close? Sounds like the Floyd is off it's mounting stud on the bass side..
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
nevermind sorry, both sides have way too low action....im tightening the screws but its getting kinda harder to do so and i dont know if the action is getting any higher. Is this the right thing i should be doing?
You might have one or both of the knife edges pressing against the wrong part of the studs. When you let all the string tension off the bridge can fall off the studs. If you're lowest 3 strings were buzzing it definitely sounds like the low side knife edge is below the 'crotch' in the stud.

And no you shouldn't be tightening the screws in back to raise the action, you should be unscrewing the studs in front. But you don't want to do that until you make sure the bridge is seated properly. And if you're paranoid about wearing out knife edges you don't want to do that with any tension on the bridge.

Here's a pic in case my explanation wasn't good enough:

Last edited by van01010100 at May 20, 2010,
You should be unscrewing the studs that the Floyd pivots against the raise the action. Also put a little bit of chapstick on the knife edges to help keep them from flattening while you're turning the studs
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]