got my paycheck, want a decent amp, whats the difference between these 2 models? (as you can see I am UG's amp newb), and is it worth the price difference in your opinion, thank you for your time.

also do bugera amps in general still suffer from fauly wirings?
Last edited by dunkintate at May 19, 2010,
The transformer clip has been resolved on new models. I've had my 6262 for a while and no problems at all.

The biggest difference is the 6262 has an extra 12AX7, for a little extra smoothing out of the
clean channel. Aswell as having sperate eq's for clean and leads.

Basically, if you wanna just do teh br00tulz, the 6260.

If you want brutal and cleans, 6262.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
do yourself a favor, and see if you can find a 5150 212 in your local craigslist. it'll be worth more later on, and i'll admit it, i'd rather have the 5150. but if you can't find one of those, deff the 6262
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
^If you actually do go his root, try the peavey first. Somewhere.
ive played a 6505 combo on numerous occasions, i just figured i would buy a head than fit it with a cheap cab via craigslist or guitar center
Man never skimp on cabs, a cab effects alot more of your tone than people think, ive played with numerous cabs just to notice tonal qualities, my recto sounds way middy through a marshall, way bassy with a recto cab, also speakers will break at different points which gives you really nice underlining tones, actually right now im working on convincing my counterpart to let me get a half open back cab because of the openness it brings to my sound
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
Played the 6505+ and the 6262...the Bugera sounds BETTER!
If your looking to sell it soon, get the Peavey used.
If your looking for the best tone. Get a Bugera
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
okay then i could just swap speakers later right (onece again im not that smart in this area)
its not just the speakers, size, and materials will make up alot of the tonal aspects as well
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....