Is it just me, or does anyone elses' fingertips turn greyish after playing guitar? It looks kind of like the greyness you get on the side or your palm after writing in pencil. Does it have anything to do with my strings? because I haven't changed the stock strings and it has been a year or so...And if it is my strings, can anyone recommend me some? I almost always play in standard tuning and if not, 1/2 step down or drop d. Thanks
Not uncommon for a corpse. I suggest you visit your local mortician immediately.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
yeah i would get that too when my strings get old. Get new strings i use Ernie ball super slinky 9 guage those have done me pretty good
When its freshly strung I usually get crap off the strings on my fingers, but right now they're just scabby...
That, young sir, is called "callouses". It appears on the skin after you have played guitar for a while. It's what makes playing guitar painless.
Everybody uses a different kind of strings, I myself use 11 guage DiMarzio's on my Les Paul and 12 guage DiMarzio's on my Fender Strat. But yeah, it's just callouses building up more.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
well, my friend has a Martin, and I believe he only bought martin strings, not so sure why but his fingers always gets graphite looking fingertips, after only playing for a minute. Id almost guess the strings are the problem..possibly dead skin...
----------------------
good times

---------------------------

-- A.L.W.--

----------------------

when you just get tired of all the effects and riffs.

Quote by notverycreative
Electric

try 9 gauge
i usually use d'addarios nickel wound but you should try some out to find what brand you like
give it 2 more years and they'll look no different from your normal skin. The callouses on my fretting hand look like bulbous bald guy heads.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Yea I've been meaning to, but I wasn't sure if I needed to yet..and while I'm at it I should change my acoustic ones too cause I haven't for two years..
Quote by notverycreative
Yea I've been meaning to, but I wasn't sure if I needed to yet..and while I'm at it I should change my acoustic ones too cause I haven't for two years..

Depending on how much you play, and what kind of sound you're after (because lots of guitarists prefer the sound of really worn in strings), you need to be changing strings somewhere between every couple of weeks to every couple of months.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by notverycreative
I haven't changed the stock strings and it has been a year or so...

my shoelaces may sound better than that...

the strings brand and gauges depends on the guitar and on your style...

and that grey stuff on your fingers, well... your finger is about to fall off