Kurt Cobain did it in one gig. "Heartbreaker", they got a recording of it. The fans screamed Heartbreaker and Cobain just played that really famous Heartbreaker riff the whole song, screamed some lyrics at some spots...etc.---he was gonna stop when some guy screamed "how bout the solo?" and he plays the solo. The fans actually kinda liked it.... So u can just kinda stumble over a famous tune fans wanna hear by keep repeating the parts u remember, and its gonna be great?
Kurt Cobain was most likely really famous by that time. If you're just some schmuck from an unknown band, people will boo and it will go horribly.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Depends what song. If it's a song like Enter Sandman then yeah. If it's a song like Holy Wars then no way.
Quote by rockingamer2
Kurt Cobain was most likely really famous by that time. If you're just some schmuck from an unknown band, people will boo and it will go horribly.

True story.
Quote by rockingamer2

Actually, the recording is from the very first Nirvana show ever.

But Cobain was well-known amongst the scene back then, so I guess the audience was merciful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDD_4FAJ6k
"I don't know how to play it!"
The important thing is to never stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Last edited by nyrhinen at May 19, 2010,
There's no way that I'd try that ever, except maybe at a house party or function where it's not a serious gig. Anyway, I'm not sure if it was their first gig together. Cobain had started playing around in 1985, until eventually settling on the name Nirvana in 1987. So it may have just been their first gig with the name Nirvana?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
That's an awesome recording
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
If you get buckwild and look like you know what you're doing you can get away with pretty much anything.