So i have an exam tommorow, must write on article on this guiding question

Youth Culture: Empowerment or Manipulation?

with todays culture it all seems inspired by youth from our music to our fashion to our technology savy minds , so what side do you agree with and why

do you think we are ment to think we have more control over our lifes then we do or do you think that we are the ones who are chosing our latest trends and what not , does age really matter in the business world.

Oh if possible a nice thesis statment to help me for my article E-Cookies and Sig space for whoever gives me a good statment
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
I think modern technology can make people lazier and can lead to people thinking their lives need to be super fast-paced.
MATTERHORN
Having a first hand experience of watching trends pass through I think it's manipulation. I've literally seen kids get beat up for wearing like , Abercrombie or something instead of Hollister... Then they spend all their free time at Hollister and whatever the other clothing stores are. A lot of them dress exactly, like Lil' Wayne and Kid Cudi. I mean exactly.
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Last edited by Lugnaz987 at May 19, 2010,
i have a french keyboard , i cant put questions marks or they turn into theseÉ, i copied and pasted the Youth culture: manipulation or empowerment?
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Last edited by ShortSpaceWAng at May 19, 2010,
hahah sorry i thought it was straight forward :P maybe im the tired one
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng

do you think we are ment to think we have more control over our lifes then we do or do you think that we are the ones who are chosing our latest trends and what not

Both possibilities worry me, the former for obvious reasons and the latter because the majority of us are clearly ****ing idiots if it's true.
I would say it is both. Teens are somewhat manipulated by advertising and celebrities (some not all but alot) and that causes alot of young people to buy certain things that now become popular but what is popular is only popular because alot of kids buy or do it. So everyone has power and its a vicious cycle basically.
ahah if we are choosing our latest music trends then yes we are doomed idoits
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
im half asleeep with a french keyboard
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Really? You're outright asking us for your thesis statement?

Anyways, I think that the youth culture does plant seeds, but then big business take over from their and manipulate it to make sure that we like it and keep liking it.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
why would i bring a french keyboard to an english essay :S
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
I think youth want something different, they want something to belong to, and things to do. They want their own music, and their fashion. They want to be their generation, with their trends. And these businesses know this. So they sell them these things, and give them these idols and celebrities to try and be like. These kids see these things, and want to be a part of it. So they go and buy all the clothes and music that these businesses spoon feed to them. The youth feel like they have their thing and they belong, and the businessmen get rich off it.
Quote by IommiPage
I think youth want something different, they want something to belong to, and things to do. They want their own music, and their fashion. They want to be their generation, with their trends. And these businesses know this. So they sell them these things, and give them these idols and celebrities to try and be like. These kids see these things, and want to be a part of it. So they go and buy all the clothes and music that these businesses spoon feed to them. The youth feel like they have their thing and they belong, and the businessmen get rich off it.

Thanks im gonna work with this side and find some more points
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by Doctor Matthews
I lol'd.

merci
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by Lugnaz987
Having a first hand experience of watching trends pass through I think it's manipulation. I've literally seen kids get beat up for wearing like , Abercrombie or something instead of Hollister... Then they spend all their free time at Hollister and whatever the other clothing stores are. A lot of them dress exactly, like Lil' Wayne and Kid Cudi. I mean exactly.

yeah but a lot of metal kids dress the same and hardcore kids and punk kids.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
Quote by MAX-182
yeah but a lot of metal kids dress the same and hardcore kids and punk kids.

Exactly. They want to show their a part of that group, so the businesses sell stuff to them so they can dress like that and show what they're a part of. Youth want to be a part of a group, and want to belong to something. They don't think about just being themselves, and have to jump on to some trend. And if a bunch of people want to do that, more money for the businessmen.
are you saying its bad to belong to a group? Im a skateboarding and yeah i wear skateboarding brands but im still myself. idk i would like to think that most people can ready between the lines but sometimes i wonder. Media does control everything though. But i dont listen to the media if i see something i like, ill wear it.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.