Poll: It's easier to think of and give gifts for...
Poll Options
View poll results: It's easier to think of and give gifts for...
Guys.
20 30%
Gals.
14 21%
Gender has nothing to do with it.
33 49%
Voters: 67.
My dad's birthday is coming up and father's day is also coming up in a while. I've always found it hard to give a gift to my dad since he's really just a simple man. I'm wondering what sort of gifts you folks give to your dads.

Also, as a poll for this thread, try to opine in general if it's easier to think of gifts to give for males or females.
Give him your love.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
I bought mine a new set of golf clubs and I find men easier to buy for.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
i bought my dad cigars
1979 Fender Telecaster
Vox Valvetronix 30w
Dunlop Wah
Digitech Flanger
Brian May Red Special Pedal
A card if its that hard.

I buy my dad grenades.

No, seriously.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Guys are easier to shop for if you're a guy and girls easier if you're a girl imo. Actually, overall the people you're closest to are easiest.

Last year I gave him my backup amp - a '65 Twin Reverb reissue... He was pretty stoked.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Last edited by LEPIV at May 20, 2010,
A gift card to a massage parlor with a happy ending.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
my dad doesnt like anything i get for him, except for when i got him a record player for christmas... which he used twice
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by guylee
I usually just get him tools. Though one year I got him a really nice leather holster for his .357

If you were my son I would love you forever.

But I think its a 50/50 kind of thing.
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
i can make a lolstack!

Giving presents isn't that hard, but my male peers are usually easy satisfied.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
girls...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Give him liquor, GIVE HIM LIQUOR!

Poll: Gender has nothing to do with it, you just have to be creative in your gifts.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Usually cufflinks or booze.
I would expect that you'd find your gender the easiest to buy for, you can relate to what they'd want easier.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I got my dad a Jazz-cd.

It doesn't really depend on the gender, in my opinion, though.

It's easier to find good presents for people who have hobbies which you know that they have.
DeVillains!
I usually get my dad some tools or something like that, as far as the poll goes, I give my guy friends tools, or buy them parts for their car/truck/bike, and for the ladies, anything from bath and body works
I usually get my dad sports related stuff like hats or tshirts. Or I get him fishing gear. He goes fishing all the time.
I usually write my parents stories for mother/fathers days, they've always told me I should go into story writing (though I probably suck more in the eyes of people who aren't related to me) so it's a nice sentimental gift. I generally find girls are easier to buy for in theory, because there are lazy options like jewelry. Though if you know what type of music people like then you can just go for a CD. Always a safe and cheap bet.
Get him a remote controlled helicopter. You'll be his favorite person forever.

Edit: Just depends what they like. My dad like movies, airplanes, and ham radios so I usually try to get him something that relates to that.
Last edited by i_killed_bill at May 20, 2010,
I don't give my dad much of anything because he never gets me anything.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I've given my dad music and films for his past birthdays and Christmases, often pot luck with the music - his record collection is so huge I don't know what he doesn't have - but it's always paid off.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
My dad is so easy to give gifts too. He likes to get music, pink floyd, clapton and so on. also movies.
CDs, DVDs, Books, a little predictable so I'm trying to mix it up of late, booze also goes down well with my old man.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?