I never played either of them since no1 has a cab i could try them out on
Im probably going to order 1 on saturday

any recomendations?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
The Eminence Lynch Super V12 has a thicker-than-usual metal flange, so make sure it will mount properly in your amplifier cabinet.

I think you'll like the Celestion Vintage 30 better than the GH12. And since you have only a 5-watt amp, you could try one of the sweeter sounding speakers like a Celestion Blue (15 watts).
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
yeah Vintage 30s sound really good, I thought of GH12's because Doug Aldrich of Whitesnake uses them and I like his tone.

V30s are the only speakers i have ever played out of that are good speakers the speaker i have now is a peice, i turned a 1x12 combo into a cab and used the speaker. Its temporary until I buy a new cab
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Closed back cab with a Celestian GT1275

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I play 80s hair stuff reason for Lynch Super V, he has one of my favorite tones...
I just dont know how to choose a speaker for my amp

Im also thinking of starting a Dokken cover band when I move
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Then something modern sounding like a V30 or the Lynch should be alright. Haven't really heard the Lynch, just heard about it. Remember that the speaker is just one part of the tone chain, it alone won't get you Stephen's tone.
Who's Stephen? Lynch's first name is George.

TS, I think Lynch used G12Hs back in the day. But like the Quail said, there's alot more going on in his tone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Its George not Steve... lol but yeah i know im not really looking for exact Dokken tone i just like it, Im gonna buy a MXR 10 band eq also, this amp needs a presence knob badly

Another thing is i want a tight low end, this amp has a really fat loose low end at least what i get with this crap speaker, it has a lot of bass i usually keep the bass knob at like 2 or 3
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
If you want tight low end, put the MXR in front with the frowny face curve.

And Quail, Stephen Lynch is a comedian/musician unless I haven't heard of another one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I couldn't remember the name, so I just googled... and got Stephen. It said "studio musician" I thought that might be him (dunno what he's done outside of Dokken). Is all I know.
Quote by TheQuailman
I couldn't remember the name, so I just googled... and got Stephen. It said "studio musician" I thought that might be him (dunno what he's done outside of Dokken). Is all I know.

I think a Steven Lynch was the lead guitar for Autograph not sure though lol
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Quote by NGMF-Sam
I think a Steven Lynch was the lead guitar for Autograph not sure though lol

Autograph. lol I remember the days when I listened to Autograph. I think you're right too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I found a good example of my favorite Lynch tone,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPXooIEmrp4

I want that aggressive midrange and presence in that video
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Most of the tone in that video is coming from a modded Marshall. You're gonna have a tough time getting that out of the Blackstar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Most of the tone in that video is coming from a modded Marshall. You're gonna have a tough time getting that out of the Blackstar.

I know, im not trying to nail that tone, its just an idea of what i want.

Lynch says his Plexi wasnt modded but who knows
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
His early tones were stock but he was definitely using modded Marshalls around that time. If you want to come close, set up your Blackstar for a Marshall type tone with a decent amount of gain, slightly less than what you'll want overall and use a TS to boost it that little bit extra. Use a G12H30 loaded cab. V30s might work as well.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
His early tones were stock but he was definitely using modded Marshalls around that time. If you want to come close, set up your Blackstar for a Marshall type tone with a decent amount of gain, slightly less than what you'll want overall and use a TS to boost it that little bit extra. Use a G12H30 loaded cab. V30s might work as well.

you know at first i wasnt going to go with a V30 because its a typical speaker that a lot of ppl use but i can see why.

I heard thje Super V12 is like a v30 but a little warmer and fuller? not to sure

i wish youtube had more videos so i could hear what the difference in a gh12 and a v30 is
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Quote by NGMF-Sam
I found a good example of my favorite Lynch tone,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPXooIEmrp4

I want that aggressive midrange and presence in that video

The amplifiers and cabinets in that video look like Marshall Silver Jubilee models, so whatever came with those cabinets is probably a good choice for you.

The Celestion G12T-75 should be a good choice for that sort of tone. I've got them in a Carvin MTS 2x12 combo and I can get that sound without difficulty.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley