Page 1 of 2
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8691406.stm

A court in Pakistan has ordered the authorities temporarily to block the Facebook social networking site.

The order came when a petition was filed after the site held a competition featuring caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

It's all because of this group basically http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?v=wall

If anyone here is subbed to 'thunderfoot' on youtube they'll probably already know though.
Quote by sam b
Facebook is bollocks anyway

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Damn, they are short-tempered. And on the other hand, why do we have to make fun of Muhammed, when we are fully aware of how they would react to it?
Quote by GisleAune
Damn, they are short-tempered. And on the other hand, why do we have to make fun of Muhammed, when we are fully aware of how they would react to it?

Oh puh-leaze,
Isn't their silly reaction reason enough?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by GisleAune

I know. It was hardly the most unexpected thing to be honest.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
There's also a group called 'I hate it when my turban unravels and falls in my Curry'.

I hate people sometimes.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Didn't we beat those guys to it?

(uses searchbar)

Hmmm... Looks like that thread misteriously disappeared : \

EDIT: oh no wait, here it is:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1304656&highlight=south+park

Personally, I think we should sue facebook for allowing their users to steal our idea

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at May 20, 2010,
I find it utterly ridiculous that these people just cannot take any form of criticism. Like all the other religions, Islam is just as intolerant and just as wrong. Before anyone jumps on me for the following, I was born into a strict muslim family and broke free from the shackles of oppression. I became an atheist because not only do I not agree with the religion (or any other religion), I absolutely hate the cultural ideologies that spawned from the faith. Mohammed did not want to be depicted because he did not want to be made into an idol, however the radical muslims do not realise that they are committing blasphamey by depicting him in word and using his name as a political and religious tool. Radical muslims are the biggest hypocrites on Earth because they can say anything they want about anyone else, but will threaten death on those who critise them.

Moderate muslims I also have a problem with because they wont speak out against the radicals, because they fear reprisals from the community. I say fuck the community. If I can live with backlash of being outcast and having my name dragged through the dirt, Im sure the rest of them can as well. Hell, my own grandfather wanted to have me killed because I spoke out. For every decent moderate muslim that speaks out, there are 100 that are too scared to say anything. The radical muslims are in such a minority, yet by keeping quite, the moderates are letting them win. I for one will speak out against the radicals. I say this:

Shut the fuck up. No one gives a crap about your feelings or your beliefis. The only people worthy of respect are those who do not hold contemptuous beliefs. The only people who deserve respect are the decent muslims who speak out against the radicals and are the ones who understand that the only people who are not allowed to depict Mohammed are muslims. Anyone who is not muslim is allowed to depict him because they are not bound by the faith. Like me. So here is Mohammed:

I dont care if it causes offence. There is nothing offensive about depicted him because no one actually knows what he looks like. Draw Mohammed. As an ex muslim I emplore you to. There is nothing offensive about a god damn picture!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I'm sorry but I just read this on the wall and had to post it

Islam is a pagan religon, why do you think predominately Islamic countries are some of the worse places on this planet? Because they are cursed that is why!
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
pakistan needs to either be educated about trolls, or learn to take a joke. this is ridiculous
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Freedom of Speech motherfuckers.

Learn about it.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Equivalence
A thousand internets to Guitardude19

+1

One liitle thing tho

Quote by Guitardude19
the only people who are not allowed to depict Mohammed are muslims

That's just certain types of muslims. Most Shi'ites don't have any problem with people depicting Muhammad (as there's no mention of such a rule in the Qur'an). That's why you'll frequently find images of him in Persian and Ottoman art...

/] 三方 [\
Quote by shwilly
+1

One liitle thing tho

That's just certain types of muslims. Most Shi'ites don't have any problem with people depicting Muhammad (as there's no mention of such a rule in the Qur'an). That's why you'll frequently find images of him in Persian and Ottoman art...

I forgot about Ottoman art... I'm from a Turkish family so I should have known about that... *redface*
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Read the comments on these pics: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?v=wall#!/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?v=photos

It is like concetrated ignorance, and it's lulzy.

Donna McGregor dont be so proud..Allah is too strong..we did not see Him and hear Him bt He alwaz see n hear what we do..and Muhammad is His Prophet..He did'nt do anything to u dat make u hate Him..He is a man dat is trustfull,honest,brave, and a kind people..dat the people which hate Him is Jewwish..Jewwish which de most race dats so bad..many prophet send to them to make them awake from the darkness..but they refuse god send they many prophets because they are glorious..
if they get so offended by it then why are they looking at it?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Guitardude19
I forgot about Ottoman art... I'm from a Turkish family so I should have known about that... *redface*
Well, it's not really THAT big of a deal > 85 - 90% of the muslim population is Sunni

But to me that doesn't really matter > if it were the other way around and the majority of Muslims DIDN'T care about depictions of Muhammad it would STILL be a major topic because it only takes for a few radical assh*les to mess things up (let's face it: the only reason for that facebook campaign was because some American-born douchebags got pissed because of that South Park episode)

There are times when even the religious aspect doesn't matter. I mean > about 90% of Iranians are Shi'a and we STILL saw images of people burning cars in the streets of Teheran. And for f*cks sake > those people were burning Danish flags as well. Can you imagine how many Iranian stores have dozens of Danish flags in stock? Hell, I couldn't think of a store that sells them over here in Holland, so it's pretty clear that the Iranian government was distributing those, just to instigate some more anti-Western propaganda. Religious principles my ass...

I'm not some Islam-ologist or something but I can imagine that most muslims have other stuff on their mind than some Danish dude. And I REALLY don't see the point of trying to please every single muslim in this world, because that's just not gonna happen. Perhaps we should look at ourselves first and not succumb to every act of intimidation. I really wish more people had spoken up against Comedy Central, because censoring South Park even heavier than before was just a very dickish move...

/] 三方 [\
Last edited by shwilly at May 20, 2010,
Quote by shwilly
Well, it's not really THAT big of a deal > 85 - 90% of the muslim population is Sunni

But to me that doesn't really matter > if it were the other way around and the majority of Muslims DIDN'T care about depictions of Muhammad it would STILL be a major topic because it only takes for a few radical assh*les to mess things up (let's face it: the only reason for that facebook campaign was because some American-born douchebags got pissed because of that South Park episode)

There are times when even the religious aspect doesn't matter. I mean > about 90% of Iranians are Shi'a and we STILL saw images of people burning cars in the streets of Teheran. And for f*cks sake > those people were burning Danish flags as well. Can you imagine how many Iranian stores have dozens of Danish flags in stock? Hell, I couldn't think of a store that sells them over here in Holland, so it's pretty clear that the Iranian government was distributing those, just to instigate some more anti-Western propaganda. Religious principles my ass...

I'm not some Islam-ologist or something but I can imagine that most muslims have other stuff on their mind than some Danish dude. And I REALLY don't see the point of trying to please every single muslim in this world, because that's just not gonna happen. Perhaps we should look at ourselves first and not succumb to every act of intimidation. I really wish more people had spoken up against Comedy Central, because censoring South Park even heavier than before was just a very dickish move...

+1
Gear:
Boss MD-2
Fake Gibson Les Paul
Washburn BD12R
Kawasaki Acoustic

Quote by Lots O' FX
digoutyerarse: none dig deeper

I"M SO RANDUMZ LOL
Does freedom of speech allow me to walk around on the street insulting homosexuals, blacks, Jews or anyone else different from me ?
I doubt it.

Where's the fun in insulting people or their beliefs ?
Quote by Guitardude19
Mother-****ing Legendary Rant

My thoughts precisely, man, although you've obviously got the better knowledge of the situation. I'm finding it a little ironic that when I was taught about the crusades in school, the Christian warriors were seen as zealous loons, whilst the Muslim defenders were fairly tolerant, for the middle ages... Now look at what's going on. Okay, so in this case, history was written by the winners, but compare Saladin with someone like Abu Hamza.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by shwilly

I learned something today!
Quote by Darkshade666
Does freedom of speech allow me to walk around on the street insulting homosexuals, blacks, Jews or anyone else different from me ?
I doubt it.

In what way is walking around in a public place and shouting insults equatable to drawing a historical figure and submitting it on a private website?

Quote by Darkshade666

Where's the fun in insulting people or their beliefs ?

It makes them react like this and look stupid.
Quote by webbtje
In what way is walking around in a public place and shouting insults equatable to drawing a historical figure and submitting it on a private website?

It makes them react like this and look stupid.

Okay then, giving out flyers that insult homosexuals etc.
Also, Facebook is far from being a "private" website.
Quote by Darkshade666
Okay then, giving out flyers that insult homosexuals etc.

Yeah, 'cos drawing a bloke is inherently insulting.

Quote by Darkshade666
Also, Facebook is far from being a "private" website.

Oh, so it's public is it? That must be why literally anyone can join. And why they're bound by the First Amendment. And why it's privately owned. And, you know, an incorporated organisation. And aiming to profit.

All things that would point to something being public.
Last edited by webbtje at May 20, 2010,
Quote by webbtje
Yeah, 'cos drawing a bloke is inherently insulting.

Oh, so it's public is it? That must be why literally anyone can join. And why they're bound by the First Amendment. And why it's privately owned. And, you know, an incorporated organisation.

All things that would point to something being public.

Drawing a "bloke" with a **** down his throat, with a label directly insulting homos, is insulting.

And I don't really care if it's privately owned or not, it's just that 400 million people are subscribed to that website, and any of the 400 million people have access to this group.
Quote by Darkshade666
Drawing a "bloke" with a **** down his throat, with a label directly insulting homos, is insulting.

Yeah, and a drawing of a bloke with the caption "Mohammed" is insulting too. Clearly.

Quote by Darkshade666
And I don't really care if it's privately owned or not, it's just that 400 million people are subscribed to that website, and any of the 400 million people have access to this group.

Waaaah. They can just, you know, not access the group. Shocking, I know.
This is sad for all the normal people of Pakistan who didn't really care either way, or didn't even know about the group, who are now unable to access the website.
Good. Facebook sucks. And everyone constantly asks me why they can't find my profile and why I don't join. Yes, pretty much like in South Park. I hate Facebook.
I acually saw that group yesterday and was about to click "Like", but then I remembered I want to live til I am at least 20.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Shouldn't have blocked it. Am a Pakistani living outside but i think it's the people's right to choose if or if they don't want to access facebook.
Apart from that, i think freedom of speech is as good as anything until it hurts someone's beliefs. How about drawing Jesus doing something ridiculous ?!
It's not real nice you know. Most of the 'metal' folks here probably don't care about religions, but it doesn't give you a right to insult anyone or everyone with beliefs. Thats what they teach you in school. Respect
Quote by DesolationJD
Shouldn't have blocked it. Am a Pakistani living outside but i think it's the people's right to choose if or if they don't want to access facebook.
Apart from that, i think freedom of speech is as good as anything until it hurts someone's beliefs. How about drawing Jesus doing something ridiculous ?!
It's not real nice you know. Most of the 'metal' folks here probably don't care about religions, but it doesn't give you a right to insult anyone or everyone with beliefs. Thats what they teach you in school. Respect

This is an utterly absurd sentiment. For christ's sake, offense is inherently subjective. Any old tosser can claim to be offended by any old fucking thing, are we seriously meant to respect that? I get a vaguely bad feeling about plenty of things, but instead of being some hair-trigger fucknut I man up and take it.
Last edited by webbtje at May 20, 2010,
Quote by webbtje
This is an utterly absurd sentiment. For christ's sake, offense is inherently subjective. Any old tosser can claim to be offended by any old fucking thing, are we seriously meant to respect that? I get a vaguely bad feeling about plenty of things, but instead of being some hair-trigger fucknut I man up and take it.

I am offended.
I made this thread yesterday. Nobody fucking cared.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2