just to let you know I'm a perfectionist so not being able to get this right makes this the most frustrating thing i've EVER ****ing done. lol I love it though

I'm having trouble playing songs where the timing might be like.. 1 & 2~e & a 3 & a 4 & a... with triplets in the middle of a bar being the main cause for concern along with dotted 8th 16ths, ghost notes even a dotted 16th 32nd I spotted in a relatively "easy" song is it just me being terrible or do the majority of guitarists not worry about time as much as I do?

I've been practicing switching between 4th-8ths-16th

I'm looking for more exercises to help me feel the beat a bit more..I was thinking of just messing around on some scales with a drum machine or somethin'

Quote by jhj
just to let you know I'm a perfectionist so not being able to get this right makes this the most frustrating thing i've EVER ****ing done. lol I love it though

I'm having trouble playing songs where the timing might be like.. 1 & 2~e & a 3 & a 4 & a... with triplets in the middle of a bar being the main cause for concern along with dotted 8th 16ths, ghost notes even a dotted 16th 32nd I spotted in a relatively "easy" song is it just me being terrible or do the majority of guitarists not worry about time as much as I do?

I've been practicing switching between 4th-8ths-16th

I'm looking for more exercises to help me feel the beat a bit more..I was thinking of just messing around on some scales with a drum machine or somethin'

Spider exercises to a metronome...
^ that's pretty useless for what he's asking really...

Yeah, a good thing to do is take a steady pulse and divide it differently - you might want to try variations on this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ZEB664aB4

Try that kind of thing and see if you can throw in licks in triplets as well when you get the hang of it.

And where are you seeing dotted 32nds in easy songs?
TS, metronome. But just putting on a metronome and playing with bad time over it wont help. You have to sit down and really be focusing and putting effort into rhythm and making it perfect.

Like much of music, rhythm can be learned, but not taught. So its hard for me to describe what you have to do; but essentially, you just have to devote your mind body and soul to rhythm and keep doing it long enough, and it will begin to make sense
OP try transcribing the rhythms on paper and playing them slowly to get them ingrained. If you're having trouble with them powertab or guitar pro can be used to make it much easier. Guitar pro has a great training function where you can get it to play a piece over and over at faster speeds each time to help you get used to it.
Inhuman evil take down!