Hey guys, I'll be getting a Squier Jagmaster soon. I play left handed so it will need some convertions and I need some help!

From what I understand I need to:

1. Switch the Nut. I was thinking of replacing it for a different lefty one instead of flipping the stock, any ideas?

2. Switch the saddles up and re-entonate the whole thing.

and as for upgrades I was thinking of:

1. Fender Mustang or Jaguar Knobs

2. New bridge? I heard the jagmaster's bridge was crappy but I have no idea what to look for here.

3. PUPs change. This would be more of an upgrade in the long term. I play Grunge and Alternative Rock mostly, Stuff like Nirvana, Mudhoney, Black Lips, REM. I'd be looking for some sharp, trebly pick ups. I need your suggestions.

That's all I can think of right now guys. I need help with many things, I know there are a lot of jagmaster modders and I hope I get some help! Thanks!
Quote by brunorod
Hey guys, I'll be getting a Squier Jagmaster soon. I play left handed so it will need some convertions and I need some help!

From what I understand I need to:

1. Switch the Nut. I was thinking of replacing it for a different lefty one instead of flipping the stock, any ideas?

2. Switch the saddles up and re-entonate the whole thing.

and as for upgrades I was thinking of:

1. Fender Mustang or Jaguar Knobs

2. New bridge? I heard the jagmaster's bridge was crappy but I have no idea what to look for here.

3. PUPs change. This would be more of an upgrade in the long term. I play Grunge and Alternative Rock mostly, Stuff like Nirvana, Mudhoney, Black Lips, REM. I'd be looking for some sharp, trebly pick ups. I need your suggestions.

That's all I can think of right now guys. I need help with many things, I know there are a lot of jagmaster modders and I hope I get some help! Thanks!

i recommend a new nut, depending on design, but some nuts don't 'flip' well; but it is a fairly cheap job to do it 'right' with a replacement. and switching the saddles and reintonating: i'd just buy a new pack of strings, they'll have to remove the strings while replacing the saddle, so go ahead and have him set the guitar up to the nut. 2 birds with one stone.

UPGRADES:
1) if you feel like getting knobs then go for it... i am going to replace my strat knobs with tele knobs to i can access my coil tap better

2) bridge is strat style, i don't recommend replacing this unless you are going to get a killer bridge, like a suhr or something. but replacing the bridge will be a bit of a pain in the but because of the trem setup. also, that is a right hand trem bridge so it will sit "hendrix/srv-style" with the trem bar on the 'top'

3) pups: lots of good handwound pups out there, esp fender ones. i have a set of suhr's in my strat, i am looking at some fralin's for my tele.

also, since this is a ~300 usd guitar, i would recommend getting it left handed. the way the body is designed is really going to interfere with you making it up the neck. converting a rightie to a leftie jagmaster is going to make it hard for you to even play out a minor pentatonic box on the 12th fret, which is not good.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
also, since this is a ~300 usd guitar, i would recommend getting it left handed. the way the body is designed is really going to interfere with you making it up the neck. converting a rightie to a leftie jagmaster is going to make it hard for you to even play out a minor pentatonic box on the 12th fret, which is not good.

Well, I'd love to get a lefty Jagmaster but there's no left handed model. The reason I chose this guitar is because I was looking for that Mustang/Jaguar kind of look but I just don't have the budget for one of these.

There really isn't an exciting lefty guitar for 300 euros. I should have been right handed The only one that gets me excited is the Agile AL-3000 but that's a future purchase.

Thanks for the help gumbilicious!

If anyone else wants to help me out I'd apretiate it!
well, that stinks, but since that doesn't dissuade you then the electronics are usually the weakest thing on the squier's. a complete replacement of the wiring and all electrical components would be what i would do. new pots, jacks, pups, switches and wiring will make this guitar far far better than factory, plus if you get tired of it you can 'harvest' the parts you replaced and return to stock, or not, w/e.

i like the agile's as well, to tell truth they offer a better product at less cost.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
The only reason I wouldn't get an Agile right now is that there's only one color option for Lefty AL-3000 right now... Being a lefty sucks sometimes.

I'm still looking for help people! Tell me what you think!