http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2udpPjxUk&feature=related

This is a song by Tim Minchin, an Australian comedian, written in response to a poor review he got from one of his shows. It's really quite funny.

I was wondering if any of you knew of any similar (or not similar) examples of someone getting back at someone who gave them a crappy review. It can be anything really, a song like this one, an angry letter, something they mentioned in an interview...

Also, be sure to check out more of Tim's stuff if you like that. I'm not sure how familiar you all are with him.
Minchin is ever so slightly at risk of becoming the next Noel Fielding, comic talent being replaced by a massive ego and legions of screaming, moronic fans. Don't get me wrong, he can be funny, but this?

So maybe you should quit and get a job that you'd be better at - like killing yourself, you fucking cunt.

Grow some fucking balls. Gloating isn't particularly acceptable coming from a professional.
Last edited by webbtje at May 20, 2010,
Quote by webbtje
Minchin is ever so slightly at risk of becoming the next Noel Fielding.

I quite like Noel, but he has nothing on Tim.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I love Tim Minchin. That song is amazing.

/\ That's a brilliant example aswell, you've gotta love that Axl was just as batshit in the studio.
Quote by webbtje

Grow some fucking balls. Gloating isn't particularly acceptable coming from a professional.

While Tim Minchin is excellent, I agree with Webb here =/

Edit: Meanwhile, in the Lich King thread...
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by webbtje
Minchin is ever so slightly at risk of becoming the next Noel Fielding, comic talent being replaced by a massive ego and legions of screaming, moronic fans. Don't get me wrong, he can be funny, but this?

Yeah but Noel Fielding just does the same crap jokes over and over again. Minchin's actually very talented... this song is shit though.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
Yeah but Noel Fielding just does the same crap jokes over and over again. Minchin's actually very talented... this song is shit though.

He is, but this song is pointing towards him going straight down the shitter if he starts to get so fucking offended at a bad review. He already has the whole make-up, big hair, bare-footed, trendy guy thing going on - if he's going to start thinking he's a rockstar, he can go and get fucked. Not worth it.
Quote by webbtje

I think the fact that he's well aware of his immaturity is what makes it funny for me.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I think the fact that he's well aware of his immaturity is what makes it funny for me.

Again, the song's about him, about his immaturity, about him having a hissy fit. Ego over humour. Bad.
^^Yes, and that was less of a review, and more of an 'I'm glad the cunts dead.'

I'd say retaliation was perfectly acceptable in that case. Even if it was from another band, many years later.
Quote by webbtje
Again, the song's about him, about his immaturity, about him having a hissy fit. Ego over humour. Bad.

What's wrong with writing about yourself though? I'd say pretty much everyone who's written a few songs has at least one based on themself or something they've done.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at May 20, 2010,
Quote by webbtje
He is, but this song is pointing towards him going straight down the shitter if he starts to get so fucking offended at a bad review. He already has the whole make-up, big hair, bare-footed, trendy guy thing going on - if he's going to start thinking he's a rockstar, he can go and get fucked. Not worth it.

Having seen quite a lot of his stuff, I'm gonna guess that this song, like most of his others, was just a silly joke, no need to get so worked up!
This died pretty quickly last night when no-one was on, so I thought I'd see if a new audience might have anymore examples.