1 10%
God save the queen
7 70%
Bodies
1 10%
No fun
1 10%
Voters: 10.
Visit his fantastic site!:http://www.johnlydon.com/jlhome.html.

Born to Irish parents, and the eldest of three brothers, John Lydon grew up in a tiny council flat in Finsbury Park, North London. A melting pot of English, Irish, Scottish, West Indian, Turkish and Greek immigrants.Before John could complete his O Levels he was expelled from Catholic secondary school for daring to question teachers and refusing to toe the line. He attended Hackney & Stoke Newington College of Further Education, then later Kingsway College, to finish his exams. Where he met Sid Vicious.

It is a well-worn story that John was spotted wearing a "I Hate Pink Floyd" t-shirt and invited to audition as singer for a fledgling band that had been pestering Malcolm McLaren to manage them. If John hadn't joined the Sex Pistols back in 1975 they would have been a very, very different band. Things just wouldn't be the same at all…

Discography:Studio albums

* Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols (Virgin, 1977) Platinum

Compilations and live albums

* The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle (Virgin, 1979)
* Some Product: Carri On Sex Pistols (Virgin, 1979)
* Kiss This (Virgin, 1992)
* Never Mind the Bollocks / Spunk (aka This is Crap) (Virgin, 1996)
* Filthy Lucre Live (Virgin, 1996)
* The Filth and the Fury (Virgin, 2000)
* Jubilee (Virgin, 2002)
* Sex Pistols Box Set (Virgin, 2002)

Singles

* "Anarchy in the UK" - 1976 #38
* "God Save the Queen" - 1977 #1
* "Pretty Vacant" - 1977 #6
* "Holidays in the Sun" - 1977 #8
* "(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone" - 1980 #21
* "Anarchy in the UK" (re-issue) - 1992 #33
* "Pretty Vacant" (live) - 1996 # 18
* "God Save the Queen" (re-issue) - 2002 # 15

[edit] Public Image Ltd.

Studio albums

* First Issue (Virgin, 1978)
* Metal Box (a.k.a. Second Edition) (Virgin, 1979)
* Flowers of Romance (Virgin, 1981)
* Commercial Zone (PiL Records, 1983)
* This Is What You Want... This Is What You Get (Virgin, 1984)
* Album (Virgin, 1986)
* Happy? (Virgin, 1987)
* 9 (Virgin, 1989)
* That What Is Not (Virgin, 1992)

Compilations and live albums

* Paris in the Spring (Paris au Printemps) (Virgin, 1980)
* Live in Tokyo (Virgin, 1983)
* The Greatest Hits, So Far (Virgin, 1990)

Singles

* "Public Image" - 1978 #9
* "Death Disco" - 1979 #20
* "Memories" - 1979 #60
* "Flowers of Romance" - 1981 #24
* "This Is Not a Love Song" - 1983 #5
* "Bad Life" - 1984 #71
* "Rise" - 1986 #11
* "Home" - 1986 #75
* "Seattle" - 1987 #47
* "The Body" - 1987 #100
* "Disappointed" - 1989 #38
* "Don't Ask Me" - 1990 #22
* "Cruel" - 1992 #49

[edit] Time Zone

Single

* "World Destruction" - 1984

[edit] Solo

Studio albums

* Psycho's Path (Virgin, 1997)

Compilations

* The Best of British £1 Notes (Lydon, PiL & Sex Pistols) (Virgin/EMI, 2005)

Singles

* "Open Up" (with Leftfield) – 1993 – #11 UK
* "Sun" – 1997 – #42 UK

Sub to this thread and show your apreciation of john lydons contribution to music!
Quote by 1959LesPaulVOS
Sub to this thread and show your apreciation of john lydons contribution to music!

I'd rather not.

I do not appreciate this man.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Which is made meaningless by the fact the ginger cunt went on I'm A Celebrity and is now whoring himself out for Country Life Butter. Crap music in the first place, aside from Pretty Vacant (of any integrity lolololol).
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Some people dislike him for the butter adverts, but if you think about it, what could be more punk? Appearing in a butter commercial was the most atrocious and unexpected thing ever, but isn't that what punk is all about? Doing your own thing and not caring what anyone else thinks?

Or not.
Quote by sashki
Some people dislike him for the butter adverts, but if you think about it, what could be more punk? Appearing in a butter commercial was the most atrocious and unexpected thing ever, but isn't that what punk is all about? Doing your own thing and not caring what anyone else thinks?

Or not.

Punk is dead.
f you think about it, what could be more punk? Appearing in a butter commercial was the most atrocious and unexpected thing ever
isn't that what punk is all about? Doing your own thing and not caring what anyone else thinks?

damn straight ******
Quote by 1959LesPaulVOS
punk is not defined it is against whatever mainstream shite is happening at the time.

Paedophiles are punk.
Quote by 1959LesPaulVOS
punk is not defined it is against whatever mainstream shite is happening at the time.

By being defined by the mainstream, it is still controlled by the mainstream. If something like punk did exist, then it would not change as trends come and go. It would continue regardless of mainstream.

Punk as we know it has collapsed into itself and become everything that punks once hated.
Quote by 1959LesPaulVOS
ehh... I don't think you understand.

Well, a paedophile isn't the most mainstream of people, are they? I mean, their whole sexuality is actually DESPISED by the mainstream, yet they persist with raping children. I think that's pretty bloody punk.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
We' all(well not me) seem to have the one idea of what punk should be. Thats what went wrong with what popular punk(by that i am not talking about pop-punk - hell no).
Quote by 1959LesPaulVOS
We' all(well not me) seem to have the one idea of what punk should be. Thats what went wrong with what popular punk(by that i am not talking about pop-punk - hell no).

I forgot, pop is a contraction of which word again?

Fascists are punk.
Well, a paedophile isn't the most mainstream of people, are they? I mean, their whole sexuality is actually DESPISED by the mainstream, yet they persist with raping children. I think that's pretty bloody punk.
I meant music, clothes attitude etc. I'd of thought anyone with common sense would have found that clear, but maybe you did and you just want to difficult and obtuse
Quote by 1959LesPaulVOS
I meant music, clothes attitude etc. I'd of thought anyone with common sense would have found that clear, but maybe you did and you just want to difficult and obtuse

Then again, your statement was somewhat abstruse. Ah, I love that word.

Al-Quaeda is punk.
Quote by 1959LesPaulVOS

Did your own post confuse you now?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
He made good music at times.
Also I think this would go in the punk forum.
*Reported*
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"