I have a few old kramers along with a music yo era kramer striker and love them all.I was looking at the new piriah and find it interesting.My question is that I heard they moved there production from Indonesia music yo era and are now produced next to the epiphones in China,is this true?I have a few Indonesian made epis along with the striker and quality is very good on all and all play great.I looked at a few new epis from china and was far from impressed with quality and overall finish.I need to know if the current kramers are indeed made in china?If they are in fact made there I think I will pass since the epi's I looked at were crap.Any info on the new Kramer line would be great.
Last edited by MaidenFrieak71 at May 20, 2010,
From what I just read on Wikipedia about current Kramer models is that they are indeed made in China, pretty lame, i also use a Kramer from the pre-china era, so i feel your pain. Its just like what happened with Fenders being bought out by a Japanese company and are now made with cheaper wood and other hardware.

also I didn't kno this but apparently Kramer was owned by Gibson at one point back in the day
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
Last edited by BackSeatSuicide at May 20, 2010,
Quote by BackSeatSuicide
..also I didn't kno this but apparently Kramer was owned by Gibson at one point back in the day

umm....Gibson STILL owns Kramer...

At first I was interested in the new Kramer Pacer Classic....then I realized it comes with a mystery metal Kramer branded licensed Floyd Rose and I lost all desire. Come on Gibson, you put an OFR (the Korean version...same as Charvel) on the $400 Epi Prophecy EM2FX...why in the hell didn't you put one on the Kramers at the same price point? The Epi even has active pups and a bound neck/body.

At the same price I'd rather get an LTD ST203FR .... I know it will have good fretwork and it uses the Floyd Rose Special brigde which at least I know it's shortcomings (zinc block and saddles....hardened steel where it truly matters).
Thanks guy's.I guess I will keep what I have and forget about the awsome kramers of the past cause if there made in china they can't be that great like they once were.Thanks Gibson for taking a great brand and totally screwing it up .
Quote by BackSeatSuicide
From what I just read on Wikipedia about current Kramer models is that they are indeed made in China, pretty lame, i also use a Kramer from the pre-china era, so i feel your pain. Its just like what happened with Fenders being bought out by a Japanese company and are now made with cheaper wood and other hardware.

also I didn't kno this but apparently Kramer was owned by Gibson at one point back in the day

So much misinformation. First off, where did you hear that Fender is now owned by a Japanese company? and besides since when are made in Japan parts cheap? and second of all Kramer was owned by Kramer back in the day, and no one else. It wasn't until they went bankrupt in the early 90's that they were only then later bought by Gibson and are still owned by Gibson. You need to do more research man before posting
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by MaidenFrieak71
Thanks Gibson for taking a great brand and totally screwing it up .

Would have been nice if they had brought the brand back to compete with the new Charvels instead....
Quote by MaidenFrieak71
cause if there made in china they can't be that great

Wrong. They might not be that great. Just because it's made in China doesn't mean it's bad quality. I am perfectly happy with my BC Rich Virgo (made in China) and Zhuriel is perfectly happy with his Kramer Turbulence R36. I've played it and it's really an awesome guitar (looks weird though, but it's so effing comfy).

...just sayin'

I don't know anything about the difference in wood quality, but I guess that you won't get AAA wood quality with a guitar that's not expensive. And I guess that big factories that churn out hundreds of guitars in short time look as exactly at every piece of wood as a professional luthier. That's just the way it works.

Edit: Oh, my fault: It's a Gary Kramer Turbulence R36, not a Kramer. The Gary Kramer guitars are built in the US by the same guy that started Kramer a long time ago. Quite similar to the DBZ vs. Dean case.
Last edited by 3-R4Z0R at May 20, 2010,
My Douglas tele was made in China and it gets the most play time out of my guitars. If that is any inclination towards the quality of a Chinese guitar, I'll be getting the trans-purple hardtail striker.

Also, the old floyd on my Indonesian made Kramer Vanguard was also a cheapy pot metal one. Sure, it wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either. It lasted for 4 years until one of the base plate saddle screw holes stripped out while intonating. Replaced it with a gold floyd rose special and its great again.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
My ORM was made in China, so was my Epi G-400, they're both great guitars.

I miss my G-400.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Just because they are made in china doesn't make them bad. When the import Kramer focus series came out in the 80's people reacted the same way and 25 years on they're considered really good guitars for the price. As for the LFR on the current kramers, from what i hear they are decent tremolo systems, i'm sure by the time it wears off you would be able to save up for an OFR or even another guitar.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Quote by DSOTM80
So much misinformation. First off, where did you hear that Fender is now owned by a Japanese company? and besides since when are made in Japan parts cheap? and second of all Kramer was owned by Kramer back in the day, and no one else. It wasn't until they went bankrupt in the early 90's that they were only then later bought by Gibson and are still owned by Gibson. You need to do more research man before posting

+1
Kramer's are still great guitars and if you dont like the floyd you can buy another one to put in. I'm getting a pacer classic when they are back in stock in the UK. They also have great customer satisfacation. Kramers still Rock \m/