Hello

Just got my first stompbox, the maxon od808, literally just opened the box. But how do I power it? Do I have to buy a power supply separatly ._.?

Thanks
NEVER MIND IM SO RETARDED. It lit up when I cabled it in, lol. How long does the "battery(?)" last?
Quote by stephen_rettie
you're better off getting a 9v supply cheaper in the long run. HNPD!

yeah will do!

and not just hnpd... HNAD! Playing my brand new Bugera 6262 2x12 with my maxon RIGHT NOW

Im in heaven, first tube amp and my last amp was a spider III
The battery will last a while as long as you remember to pull out the cable from the pedal's input when you're not playing.

Get a 9V power supply at some point.
It's also it's worth considering doing the Kelley mod on it. It's just a few component value changes.

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=31

He details what he changes in that link so you can do it yourself if you are so inclined. The bass response mod is particularly useful. The 808 doesn't really have a mid hump like most people think, it's actually a lack of bass response, the mod fixes it very well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by TheQuailman
^He uses it to boost a 6262. Cutting bass comes in handy there I think.

Yeah it's quite bass heavy:p

Can't really get my head around the Maxon tho, everyone keeps saying "put the balance at like 78% and the tone at 50% to boost the amp" but I honestly feel like it sounds better when balance is around 50% and tone like 35-40%, but i dno :p Guess I'll just tweak around!
^who cares what people keep saying, if you found a setting that works well for you, then just use it.
Quote by Sguit
^who cares what people keep saying, if you found a setting that works well for you, then just use it.

Yeah I guess!

Atm I have my (amp) bass on 8 (out of 10), mid at like 6.5, treble 8.5, gain on 7 and presence on 7. Sound fairly nice to me, but I'll have to tweak alot to get my perfect metalcore sound!
Quote by Sguit

+1 if everyone did the same thing then there would be no individuality and everyone would sound the same... who wants that? sometimes it's good to be original :-)