A long time ago, roughly about 8 years ago, I watched a film set in the future, where Earth had become super heated becase of global warming or something along those lines. It was to the point where the people couldn't go outside for longer then a few minutes or so without getting badly burnt.

There was a women/man not to sure... that was growing a greenhouse or something inside their house. At some point in the movie I think you find out that they are experimenting with different plant species and cross breeding and such, and the plants become aware, and start to attack and kill people.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the name, and tried googling all kinds of phrases but nothing.

Any help here would be amazing
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
I don't know, but that movie sounds fucking awesome. I will be watching this thread.

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by shmikeyboy
Sounds like a crap 'updated' Day of the Triffids.

+1

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Sounded familier until you mentioned plants

Honestly it's been so many years since I saw it last, I could be wrong about the plants.

I do remember it was set in what looked like a desert.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
The Shawshank Redemption

I wish I could tell you that Andy tended the good plants, and the greenfly let them be. I wish I could tell you that - but horticulture is no fairy-tale world. He never said he never tended them, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - gardning life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Andy would show up with no watering can. The greenfly kept at the plants - sometimes they wer able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Andy - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

Classic quote from a glassic, gardening and giant plant based movie.
Very similar to "The Happening"

You describe it a little differently than I remember, but it IS about plants killing everyone. They come across towns of dead bodies and shit?

One of the best, yet worst movies I've ever seen. It was so bad I loved it.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
Very similar to "The Happening"

You describe it a little differently than I remember, but it IS about plants killing everyone. They come across towns of dead bodies and shit?

One of the best, yet worst movies I've ever seen. It was so bad I loved it.

No it was way before The Happening came out.

And I don't think they went blind....but I'm not 100% to be honest, got something in mind?

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
The Day of the Triffids is very similar, except for the ultra global warming thing. GOD DAMN IT! I've been trying to remember this movie for about 2 years now.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Give us all the details about the film which you know are fact, however trivial.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Every detail huh? I'm afraid there isn't much more I remember.

The setting is a desert type scenario as I said. It's virtually impossible to go outside because of the heat, and I remember some girl burning her hand really badly because she grabbed a steel merry go round at the playground lol. That is all I remember

Was worth a shot though.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!
Quote by AstheticsOfHate

The setting is a desert type scenario as I said. It's virtually impossible to go outside because of the heat, and I remember some girl burning her hand really badly because she grabbed a steel merry go round at the playground lol. That is all I remember

That might actually help me find it. Specifics are always good.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The Shawshank Redemption

I always thought they put too much emphasis on the plant aspect of the plot and not enough on the architecture.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by red157

I can't be certain yet, but I think you have found it sir! I'll check it out and report back with mouth hugs

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

Check out my band!