Hey UG.
I've been saving money and im thinking of getting the Line 6 POD Studio for recording, and for bedroom practising (if the tones on POD Farm are any good, anyone had any experience with this?) and using my Spider IV for practising with my band at the moment, until i save enough for a Bugera 6262 combo, but i want to know, shall i get the POD Studio first, or save up more for the 6262 first? For practising with the band.
Any advice will help
Tom
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
I would go by what you spend more time doing, practicing with the band or home practice/recording? If the Spider is getting you by, another amp can wait. Though, Spiders don't have the greatest reputation 'round these parts...

I have the X3 and I really enjoy POD farm, if you do enough tweaking you can get some rad tones. BUT, I think Peavey Revalver has a more realistic sound, and more options. Definitely take a look into that and a guitar->computer interface.
Last edited by Ghostmaker at May 20, 2010,
The POD is quite versatile and it's pretty good for bedroomplaying/recording. I know that alot of people enjoys it, and it would be a good invest. Personally im a fan of the POD XT
I own a POD X3 live and a Bugera 6262 head.

Personally, I would recommend you get the Bugera 6262 head first as that will give you the biggest improvement in tone first.

Yes, I've used my X3 Live with my Bugera 6262 and it sounds fantastic.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
I own a POD X3 live and a Bugera 6262 head.

Personally, I would recommend you get the Bugera 6262 head first as that will give you the biggest improvement in tone first.

Yes, I've used my X3 Live with my Bugera 6262 and it sounds fantastic.

+1

get the bugera first, i have the pod farm with a toneport ux1, and i realized it kind of sucks, i mean its definitely a good product and okay for recording but i really rather have a good amp and use the microphone on my toneport for recording

its always fun to turn it up to 11 and rock out, cant do it as well when you're into pc speakers no matter how good they is
The pod should be used to compliment a good amp.

Thus it's rather pointless if you don't have a good amp.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
POD studio man, read up. Its for computer
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!