9 8%
a mix of both, but tend to be more liberal
36 30%
a mix of both, but tend to be more conservative
21 18%
Voters: 120.
NO, NOT YOUR POLITICS
but the way you live your life.

liberal- Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas

conservative- Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Last edited by bi-ah! at May 20, 2010,
Lieberul, on balance. Even though I listen to radio 4, am practically married, wear jumpers that are far too often bought by my mum and am doing a law degree.
conservative yet still I live individually, just kinda governed by those values.
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
BNP! Oh not politics? my bad.....

I'm probably closer to Liberal
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Socially, I'm a liberal.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Probably right on the fence with this one. I couldn't tell you even if I lean more to one side or not.
Nothing - or at least nothing labeled, as each label carries incorrect connotations. I just set one rule for myself for all things. Always do what is right.

I define "right" as such:

Anything that benefits yourself or people you value without causing harm to anyone excepting those which seek to cause you or others harm, or who attempt to prevent your pursuit of what is right for yourself or others. Following this you cannot do "wrong" even to achieve what you might consider "right". (Harm can be financial, physical, emotional, etc... / also actions are considered in direct consequences, not indirect, for example: taking a promotion is right despite the fact that taking it denies it to someone else)
Last edited by jfreyvogel at May 20, 2010,
Very Liberal. Tradition is backwards in my opinion. I'm certain that conservatism would be against my aspiration to do a degree in physics at Oxford too

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by bi-ah!
NO, NOT YOUR POLITICS

Thanks God

Quote by bi-ah!

' free from bigotry'

So someone who hold old values is a bigot? Correct me if I am wrong but you seem to be at least hinting at a suggestion of that.

Quote by bi-ah!

conservative- Favouring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change

Some traditional values I think are very good (Or at least what I consider to be traditional) . For example, I enjoy the knowledge that I do not lie or break my word. Thats rather an outdated custom isnt it?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI

Some traditional values I think are very good (Or at least what I consider to be traditional) . For example, I enjoy the knowledge that I do not lie or break my word. Thats rather an outdated custom isnt it?

He never said traditional values were bad.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
He never said traditional values were bad.

i think that was just him stating his opinions there - perhaps he just thought the question was a bit biased.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
i think that was just him stating his opinions there - perhaps he just thought the question was a bit biased.

The question was somewhat biased, but the rhetorical question about it being an outdated custom was unrelated to the first post.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
The question was somewhat biased, but the rhetorical question about it being an outdated custom was unrelated to the first post.

Not exactly unrelated. Simply in response. It addresses the sad fact that when you start labeling things you begin to lose the original ideal and define yourself more by what you aren't than by what you are. Perhaps that is a bad explanation. What I'm trying to get at is the consequential polarization.

Example: A liberal says 'I support _______' then a conservative sees this and says 'Well I'm not a liberal and liberals support _______ so I don't support that'. In this example the conservative is no longer truly a conservative, as his/her definition is no longer entirely valid. The opposite situation with the liberal and conservative switched would be true as well.

The phrasing of the original premise does this by making ideas exclusive to a specific group when in reality the moderates of each group usually have the same goals despite different interpretations or means of expressing them. And before the inevitable attack, I am making a somewhat general statement - this does not apply to every liberal or conservative person in the world.

That's all for me. I'm trying to make a point of not getting drawn into pit debates.

For my opinion on the topic itself see #13.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at May 20, 2010,
liberal. I live how I want to, not how some tradition wants me to.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jfreyvogel
Not exactly unrelated. Simply in response. It addresses the sad fact that when you start labeling things you begin to lose the original ideal and define yourself more by what you aren't than by what you are. Perhaps that is a bad explanation. What I'm trying to get at is the consequential polarization.

Example: A liberal says 'I support _______' then a conservative sees this and says 'Well I'm not a liberal and liberals support _______ so I don't support that'. In this example the conservative is no longer truly a conservative, as his/her definition is no longer entirely valid. The opposite situation with the liberal and conservative switched would be true as well.

The phrasing of the original premise does this by making ideas exclusive to a specific group when in reality the moderates of each group usually have the same goals despite different interpretations or means of expressing them. And before the inevitable attack, I am making a somewhat general statement - this does not apply to every liberal or conservative person in the world.

That's all for me. I'm trying to make a point of not getting drawn into pit debates.

For my opinion on the topic itself see #13.

*Flys over my head.* =| Just seemed to me as though the guy was trying to set himself up as having been attacked by the original post.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
*Flys over my head.* =| Just seemed to me as though the guy was trying to set himself up as having been attacked by the original post.

That is probably what he was doing. That was my point. Everyone (most people) seems to respond that way to assertions like in the original post.

I may have gone on too long with it. I tend to go into too much detail with my explanations - especially in the pit where if you make a general statement people will jump on you for not being specific and if you make a specific statement people will jump on you for not being general.

Damnit I'm still in here...
Well, I live how I please, yet I do with I were a Regency Romantic.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Based on your definitions, definitely liberal, I find traditions to be a bit pointless, and prefer living as a 'free-spirit' as it were, to having a strict way of doing things.
I am more liberal than conservative so I just picked liberal. Honestly though, I hate a lot of liberals and conservatives with a passion.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
Thanks God

So someone who hold old values is a bigot? Correct me if I am wrong but you seem to be at least hinting at a suggestion of that.

i just copy and pasted the deffinitions from american heritage online dictionary

i dont think that makes you a biggot to have traditional values, in fact i live a pretty traditional life.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.