Dudes, tell me, what's best to buy?

Boss ML-2 Metal Core Pedal
or
DigiTech HMD1 HardWire Metal Distortion - TL-2
or
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

What gives the most powerful metal sound?
Give me your advice! Please! =P
Anyway, I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul and an LTD M-100..
TL-2 hands down. Unless you get a keeley modded MT-2.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
What amp are you using? Without a good amp, pedals are pretty pointless to buy besides as toys; they're not going to help your tone as much as a new amp.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Out of those three, the TL-2. It's much like the Boss pedals, but it can be dialed in to actually sound good (and not like a broken circular saw).

Have a look at the EHX Metal Muff, too, I'd take it over the three you listed.

Anyway, what's your amp?

EDIT: If the RX15 sounds so good, why do you need a distortion pedal? Answer: Because the RX15 actually doesn't sound good. If you have the money to do it, replace the amp.
Last edited by TheQuailman at May 20, 2010,
Scrap the distortion pedal idea. Save up and buy an amp which wouldn't need a distortion pedal.Give us a budget. If you're strapped for cash look at the peavey vyper series.

If you have a few hundred bucks to your name I suggest you look at the bugera 6262.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
even if I buy a new amp.. the amp's distorsion ain't the same as the pedal's?
Quote by TheQuailman
^Correct. But if the amp's distortion is good, you won't need a pedal.

This, you will be much much happier with a good sounding amp instead of a decent sounding pedal covering up a shitty sounding amp.

Take a look at the peavey vypyr or the vox ad series
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

The TL-2 is pretty wicked, the other 2 are quite generic. Line 6 uber metal is sweet as well.
When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show.
When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

-The Great George Carlin
Get a nice amp.
I regret buying 2 of my 3 distortion pedals and only one I use now, because it is awesome with my Fireball.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
you should try out mxr fullbore metal
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
TL-2 all the way!
Mine broke unfortunately after putting in a 12v power supply, it fried. Be carefull on that! Getting a new one at saturday since I have a gig at sunday.