Poll: Where do you stand with Pokemon?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where do you stand with Pokemon?
some kid showed me
61 48%
I blessed others with the greatness that is Pokemon
65 52%
Voters: 126.
Page 1 of 2
I'm pretty sure that we have all played Pokemon. But my question is how did it come to be in your life. Most people had a buddy on the playground who showed them Pokemon. And from that moment you found the true meaning of life.

However there are those few who showed themselves Pokemon. By that I mean you were the one who showed the other playground kids Pokemon, you sort of became the founder of it at your school and showed everyone.

So what I'm asking is, were you introduced to Pokemon or were you the rare individual who brought Pokemon into the life of others?
My brother showed me the show when I was 4. I stopped watching because I wasn't allowed to watch TV during it's timeslot. THen when I got a GBA I got a copy of Silver, and it all came back.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I introduced my friends to Pokemon, Anal sex and Heroin. Golly, I miss my kiddie days.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I was first showed pokemon by a friend then I lit the lives of others.
Sidenote: Have you ever been in an argument about pokemon? I have multiple times.
I always win
Yeah, maybe if I still cared about anything that happened in Elementary school I would remember. As it is, grow up.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by ninjaapirate
Yeah, maybe if I still cared about anything that happened in Elementary school I would remember. As it is, grow up.

STFU. You know nothing.

I introduced it to my school, I was the Pokemon guru. Good times.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Last edited by Butthead at May 20, 2010,
i was born knowing pokemon. i never really spread it much cuz everyone in my generation was also born knowing pokemon. dam we were wierd
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I'm replaying the red version right now.......
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
I was never a fan of Pokemon, the series or the card games, any contact I had with pokemon was through other people showing me it.
DeVillains!
i recently downloaded fire red.it kicks so much ass its unreal!
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I really just thought the Red game case looked cool

and that's how it all started...
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.

Pokewho?

Sorry, I never got into it. Once I saw Dragon Ball Z, all other cartoons never lived up and still dont.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at May 20, 2010,
At my school I was THE person to go to with questions about Pokémon. It bit me in the arse eventually when it lost coolness. Bought both red and blue on it's day of release.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I was shown it by my best friend at primary. He always told me about his favourite Pokemon, Zubat, which as it turns out he pronouced wrong - he called it "Zuhb-Aht"
My friend introduced me to it when he showed me his Pokémon cards. I clearly remember one of them being a Ghastly. From that moment on I knew that my destiny was to be a Pokémon trainer.
I never played it.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
I collected pokemon cards briefly, didn't really understand them though.. I remember trading my best card for a Diglet at one point.. Some dick bought my collection off me for £50 though because I apparently had some "Rare" cards
My older brother showed me a recorded episode he had- Holy Matrimony.
Yes, I do remember the first episode I ever watched.
Don't know. Probably discovered it with friends. Got red and blue and then when i went to secondary school, i just didn't care about pokemon anymore.
It's gonna be a blue day
Well, I went to my cousins house out of state for christmas, and he showed me pokemon. But then I came home and showed everybody the next big thing.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by shattamakar
I introduced my friends to Pokemon, Anal sex and Heroin. Golly, I miss my kiddie days.

I kinda wanna sig this
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I got Pokemon Red as a present on my birthday from my parents. Kinda obsessed over everything Pokemon related for a few years, but never really shared it with anyone too much back in the day.
this american kid showed me, and i was all "lOLNAW" but then i won yello win a competition and was all "**** yeah! got shit to do in churhc!"

Then a skelton fell out.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Not gonna lie, I have recently brought Pokemon back to my school. It's amazing.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
My friend told me about it right when Red and Blue came out. He had Red, so I bought Blue. I'm pretty sure we were the first kids to have it at my elementary school. I remember playing it for a few months before it started getting really popular.
yeah i remember i saw a commercial for Pokemon and my dad said "cool pokemon will be on tv" so I thought it was a show from when he was a kid. Turns out he just read some article about it's success in japan. anyway once I saw that commercial I watched it then thats when my whole world was changed. I watched it eveyday, I even skipped the daily community tag with all the other kids to watch it.

Then I was in a store with my mom and dad and when I went to the toy section I stopped and gazed at the Pokemon cards. I was just like o shit how can u makes pkmn even more cool.

About a month later I was shopping for a mother's day gift with my dad when I saw the Pokemon gba games. I almost died with excitment. I even bought blue version and I didnt even have a game boy at the time. But I still have that same blue version 11 years later. lol
Quote by red157
How in God's name am I expected to remember this?

Christ, I dunno'. I thought God created the universe in this order 'Light > Pokemon > everything else'.

so... God's asian you say?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I was in the hospital for strep throat, and the only working channel on the tv had pokemon on. It was the one when he first caught Caterpie.
Quote by supersac
ive won an argument with a girl but then i still lost
Quote by rgrockr
I guess that's why my ass was sore when I woke up this morning.

It is now my goal to get skylerjames13 to BURN OUT
Every thread I touch closes
I ENJOY SKAAAAAAA
Quote by bass-man9712
so... God's asian you say?

Well, let's add it up:

God created man in his image.
Most people on earth are asian.
Everyone knows all asian people are indistinguishable.

So, logically...

THE MESSIAH!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Page 1 of 2