Hello all. I sold my mesa lonestar cause it was too bluesey. I want alt rock, classic rock, hard rock sounds. classic rock is not as important. In general, I mostly like the sound of an AC30 and most marshalls (like JTM, JCM, PLEXI, super lead). I am looking for head only. I am undecided on the cab just yet.

so I have done a lot of research and assembled a short list of heads in order of how bad I want them. also I should mention that I work at a guitar store and some brands I can get cheaper than the brands that I dont sell. thats also influencing my decision.

1.Orange Rocker 30 (possibly rockverb 50)
2.Soldano hot rod 50 plus
3.Fryette Sig X (100w/40w)
4.Diezel Einstein 50
5.Vox AC30 Hand Wired
6.Mesa Mark V
7.Orange OR50
8.Orange AD30 (or AD50)
9.Trainwreck (anything 50 watts EL34)
10. "3 monkeys" Orangutan (this a 6L6 amp, not sure if I'll like it)
11.Suhr Badger 30

I get a discount on soldano, mesa, fryette, marshall, vox, PRS.
the trainwreck is probably the most expensive and a long wait.

edit: added the suhr
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Last edited by fullsailstudent at May 20, 2010,
I'm pretty sure I can get stilleto sounds out of a mark V. the thunder series I dont know much about. I thought those were metal amps. whats it sound like?
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
the rockerverb has more gain than thunderverb.

the thunder 30 replaced the rocker 30. it's a bit different. watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ejMCB3YYY
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
You can afford a Trainwreck? Buy one. The Fuchs clone would be a cheaper option.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
fuchs makes a trainwreck clone? WTF!? I know these guys at this other music shop that are fuchs dealers. they keep telling me to call andy fuchs and just tell him what I want. a custom shop fuchs made for me. they say it might actually be cheaper than buying a rocker 30.

also, I wanted to put a fuchs triple drive supreme, or an overdrive supreme on my list but I'm not really the santana type and I dont know if those are really the best amps for hard rock. I always thought the people that buy those are dumble fans.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Quote by fullsailstudent
Hello all. I sold my mesa lonestar cause it was too bluesey. I want alt rock, classic rock, hard rock sounds. classic rock is not as important. In general, I mostly like the sound of an AC30 and most marshalls (like JTM, JCM, PLEXI, super lead). I am looking for head only. I am undecided on the cab just yet.

so I have done a lot of research and assembled a short list of heads in order of how bad I want them. also I should mention that I work at a guitar store and some brands I can get cheaper than the brands that I dont sell. thats also influencing my decision.

1.Orange Rocker 30 (possibly rockverb 50)
2.Soldano hot rod 50 plus
3.Fryette Sig X (100w/40w)
4.Diezel Einstein 50
5.Vox AC30 Hand Wired
6.Mesa Mark V
7.Orange OR50
8.Orange AD30 (or AD50)
9.Trainwreck (anything 50 watts EL34)
10. "3 monkeys" Orangutan (this a 6L6 amp, not sure if I'll like it)
11.Suhr Badger 30

I get a discount on soldano, mesa, fryette, marshall, vox, PRS.
the trainwreck is probably the most expensive and a long wait.

edit: added the suhr

Do you work in Rhode Island? What store sells fryette and soldano in rhode island?

The Train 45 and the ODS100 are pretty sweet amps or so I've heard.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Gu1tar C3nter (I cant say the name cause they will find me and read the forum). we have a store in new london CT and west warwick RI. you wont find fryette or soldano in the store you have to order it, paid in full, and we let you try it for up to 30 days. you can bring it back if you dont like it for a full refund. I think its better this way cause you can jam with your band and your cab and your guitar. thats the only way your gonna be %100 sure you like that amp anyway. let me know if your interested.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall