Okay, here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r93CoC1N_SA

In the very first riff, that discord-sounding part aside from the chugging. Is it just a harmony of minor seconds? If so, any idea what that harmony is? I don't really have an ear for that sort of thing (yet!)
You see whats actually happened is that whist they were re-recording a vesion of the climb and the recording equiptment broke, so they heard it chaned they're name from princess ponies and became ??? type of band.
My gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded >>Dunlop Crybaby>>VoxVT30 =
try playing the 21st fret of the E string and the 19th of the G. I don't know the technical name for that kind of harmony but that sort of sounds like it to me. I'm pretty sure emmure uses that kind of shit a lot.
the chuggity-chug sounds like the bassist is hitting all his strings with a drum stick...trust me, it sounds awful
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Quote by Thomasoman
try playing the 21st fret of the E string and the 19th of the G. I don't know the technical name for that kind of harmony but that sort of sounds like it to me. I'm pretty sure emmure uses that kind of shit a lot.

An octave chord? Nah, it's not that. Thanks anyway though for being the only person to give a response to the question rather than their two cents about the music that I couldn't care less about.
The first thing I thought was... what the hell is this? Sounds like Limp Bizkit but worse.

lolol

Second, 19th G and 21st E wouldn't be an octave unless you tuned your G-string half step up.

Third- Play 19th fret E and 24th fret B at the same time. I think that's what they're doing.
Yeah sounds like what I dub a "Botch chord", named after the infinately more inventive and talented guitar playing of Dave Knudson (seriously, check them out).

Gives the effect of playing a semi-tone apart simultaenously ie playing the 12th fret on the E string, and the 14th on the B, you're playing both E and Eb simultaneously.

Playing one into another sounds fine, but something about the two notes together sounds amazingly tense.

Either that or it's an octaved version (Dillinger use it in Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants), where it'd be something like the 12th on the E and then the 10th on the G.
@Heavens_To_Hell

The octaved version is close enough to what I was trying to do. I'm actually using a synth to play the chord, I just couldn't figure out what the chord was. Appreciate it.

And for the record, I think this song is absolutely awful. I just enjoy that particular sound haha.

Second, 19th G and 21st E wouldn't be an octave unless you tuned your G-string half step up.

this. and yeah, It'd definitely be the 'botch' chord (one of my favorite bands, as mentioned you should check them out) but my guitar only has 21 frets so I couldn't test it out for you lol