Over the summer i would love to get back into guitar playing as i did play for a while but lost motivation and was busy with other things.

I currently have an Ibanez GRG270 from 06 or so, i don't really enjoy playing it so i would sell it but it's broke, the bridge being the crap ibanez low end one popped out above the screw on side (it's a floating trem btw). Don't enjoy playing the guitar much though and i never have, it just feels crap to play. Funnily enough i have played the one below it in the music shop near me and it feels 10x better.

I am just looking for a standard guitar to completely overhaul (i.e. pups, bridge, tuners maybe swap some things aesthetically). My local music shop stocks a decent amount of Ibanezs and Fenders + brands such as vintage for around the money i ideally wanted to spend. I remember pricing something similar up a while back but my budget was a little higher.

I played a Squier tele on my work experience a couple of years ago and i just loved the feel of the neck, i don't however want that pup config (2 humbucker preferred). How much am i looking at to get it changed to support 2 humbuckers rather than the tele standard?

I also want some decent passive pickups, high output with nice cleans, money isn't the be all end all just some good ones for the money.

Any advice appreciated
Fender-style guitars are the easiest to modify, as they were designed to be cheap and easy to mass-produce, hence all the parts are easily replaced.

If you like the tele, why not go for that? You're gonna mod it anyway, so it doesn't matter what pickups are in it now. Plus, you can buy single-coil sized humbuckers, and I think some of them fit a Tele. Check the manufacturer's website to be sure.
Quote by sashki
Fender-style guitars are the easiest to modify, as they were designed to be cheap and easy to mass-produce, hence all the parts are easily replaced.

If you like the tele, why not go for that? You're gonna mod it anyway, so it doesn't matter what pickups are in it now. Plus, you can buy single-coil sized humbuckers, and I think some of them fit a Tele. Check the manufacturer's website to be sure.

I was meaning get someone to modify it so that it has a humbucker sized pickup slot, rather than a single if you follow me. Forgot about the possibility of putting a single sized humbucker, any suggestions?
It's not really worth buying a guitar to mod unless you really like it or you came across it for really cheap (like free). You can usually get a better guitar if you spent all the money on it in the first place. There are some things that modding can't ever fix.
Vintage (the brand) guitars are good to mod, I'm thinking of doing a Matt Bellamy kinda thing with my V100 soonish.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa