What's the biggest challenge or frustration you're having with your guitar playing?

Page 1 of 2
Hey all guitarists,

Ok so tell me what is the biggest challenge or frustration you're having with your guitar playing right now?

For me, my biggest frustration is trying to play chord transitions that sound good together and that sound clean. When I go from one chord to the next, it is sometimes frustrating to produce clean chords.

So what are your frustrations on guitar?
Jazz improvisation

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
finger picking...taught myself a 2 finger method - kinda like Paul McCartney uses in Blackbird, but it's hard to learn the "right" way now.
moving my fingers fast enough to do anything really cool other than tapping...lol
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Not being able to play what I want right away. I'll practice for a while, then get tired of the song, so I never fully learn/memorize it. Memorizing is my other big problem.
Can't really think of anything. It was sweep picking for a while, but I've nailed that in the past few months. I'm pretty happy with how I'm progressing at the moment, maybe I'd like to practice a bit more, but I've got exams and shit.
Trying to play a melody and bass line at the same time ala chet atkins. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE I TELL YOU! IMPOSSIBLE!
Writing what I hear in my head. It's a pain.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Sweeps and making sure I get enough time to practice,

or keeping my gf away long for me to do the stuff i need to do.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by lildude_6859
moving my fingers fast enough to do anything really cool other than tapping...lol

this. i can't solo at all
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
1. I can't solo. I mean, I can do slower melodic solos. I can sweep. I can't do complicated multi string tapping. But, I'll see a solo where it's simply a fast run right up a scale and I just can't get it.
Despite this, I can play 75% of Protest The Hero's music. I can pull off all of there crazy tapping and sweeping, but give me a freakin' AC/DC solo, and I'm screwed.
2. I can't memorize lyrics while I'm playing. I can sing fairly well, and I have the coordination to sing while playing, yet I brainfart the lyric department.
3. Can't figure out how to use modes. I have them all memorized, and I write songs based around certain modes, but every time I mention them I get told that I'm wrong and I don't comprehend modal music.
Left hand technique. I've been really paranoid about getting my wrist really straight recently, so that's been hindering a lot of my playing.

Downpicking. I used to be really good at it, but ever since I learned how to alternate pick, I do that all the time, and can't get my speed that I used to have.
I struggle a bit with alternate picking, I tried learning for the first few months of '09 but after getting to 16th notes at 100bpm (cleanly) I got frustrated by lack of progress and haven't practiced much since, though i'm planning on getting some better plectrums and trying again sometime soon.

Though it's probably using my little finger, clean finger picking, or just clean playing in general, because I tend to hit the wrong string every few minutes or so, which sounds really horrible at times.
Probably sweep picking. I can do it but it's a thin line between smooth sweeping and sloppy sweeping.
Soloing, Scales and Improv.
I can do some basic solos, but nothing too fancy. It's frustrating.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I still have problems with stick alternate picking, I always just start economy picking. Which annoys my guitar teacher to no end haha.
Double thumping like the Woot.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Got all the techniques and theory I need...my biggest problem is writing and connecting music I can actually stick with and enjoy. I have tons of "licks" and "riffs" written but I can't connect them into whole songs or even sections of songs.
Learning songs, especially solos. It just takes too much dedication and time for me to sit down and learn a solo thats over 30 seconds
Being able to play :lol:

But the most annoying thing for me in alternate picking.
Screams break the silence
Waking from the dead of night
Vengeance is boiling
He's returned to kill the light
Then when he's found who he's looking for
Listen in awe and you'll hear him

Bark at the moon
My musical theory is not so good so whenever I improvise I tend to keep playing same old s**t over and over again. Also very messy playing when I try to play faster
        Quote by Macabre_Turtle
        1. I can't solo. I mean, I can do slower melodic solos. I can sweep. I can't do complicated multi string tapping. But, I'll see a solo where it's simply a fast run right up a scale and I just can't get it.
        Despite this, I can play 75% of Protest The Hero's music. I can pull off all of there crazy tapping and sweeping, but give me a freakin' AC/DC solo, and I'm screwed.
        2. I can't memorize lyrics while I'm playing. I can sing fairly well, and I have the coordination to sing while playing, yet I brainfart the lyric department.
        3. Can't figure out how to use modes. I have them all memorized, and I write songs based around certain modes, but every time I mention them I get told that I'm wrong and I don't comprehend modal music.

Wanna Trade Musical Ability? I can do an AC/DC solo with my eyes closed but when it comes to PTH I can't do shit, except The Divine suicide of K.
        You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
        can't connect riffs with chords or the other way around.
        need to practice more sweep picking.
        i need more theory and less improvisation.
        Quote by supralightning
        send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
        Fender Squier
        SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
        Boss DS-1
        Boss RC-2 (very useful)
        Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
        Good Headphones
        Gameboy color

Lastfm
        Just started trying to play some slide guitar. So much harder than I though it would be.
        i am a week in so far and i dont think i will ever play "A" the dvd shows me three different ways but my fingers must be to fat or i need to be gumby.....damn it
        Quote by byob_soad2
        Not being able to play what I want right away. I'll practice for a while, then get tired of the song, so I never fully learn/memorize it. Memorizing is my other big problem.

This, learning solos, and playing and singing at the same time. Most solos just seem too hard to even try, and it usually makes me shy away from even trying to learn them. Im working on playing and singing now, and Ive gotten a lot better, but Im still not where I want/need to be.
        Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
        The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
        ಠ_ಠ
        Quote by Duffman123
        Learning songs, especially solos. It just takes too much dedication and time for me to sit down and learn a solo thats over 30 seconds

I kind of enjoy doing that.

Everyone in the house must get really pissed off having to hear the same thing over and over, for hours on end, sometimes for days at a time.
        I can to an extent write what's in my head, but the really complicated stuff just loses me. I also can't shred solo to save my life.

As for whoever said tone, set your amp to 12' o clock on everything but volume. Hit an E and REALLY listen to it. Does it need more high end? Bass too powerful? Just keep pecking at it and you'll get it.

You probably already knew this.
        I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
        Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
        Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
        G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
        Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
        Bogner Shiva
        Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
        Page 1 of 2