Hey guys (and girls), I need some quick opinions on this guitar.

So I found this guitar (http://espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe_ec.html nr. 4 from the top, the black one with the gold/yellow/whatever edges and stuff) in a local guitar shop, it was originally priced at almost 2100$ (note that this is in Norway, not in the US, so I've just converted the price, anyway), I figured I'd try it out for the hell of it, and found out it was friggin' awesome to play, and I really loved playing it. I also found out since he'd had some trouble selling it, he'd give it to me for the nice price of 1259$. Now I thought this was quite the nice offer.

Now my question really is; What's your opinion of this guitar? Do you think its worth the price?

Aaand one follow-up question if I may, I've been looking at some pods, so I can connect it to my PC and record easily and stuff, and I thought I'd maybe see if I could get one there while I was there. And I heard the Line 6 GT (The one that comes with Ableton iirc) is quite nice, is it? And would I be able to use it for say... my bass? Or even vocals if I had a mic with 1/4" Jack?

Any input would be nice
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
The best guitar Ive ever played. I've been wanting to trade mine for another color, but definitely not sell the guitar. It has an amazing fast neck, the pickups are great and the locking tuners are even better. The action on mine was beautiful. The paint job is amazing. Ive dropped it and hit it a couple of times and nothing happened. No blemishes. Nothing.

The guitar is worth every penny. Go for it. You wont regret it.
The Gold Top (EC-1000 MGO) got a great review on Guitar Player 2-3 months ago. But the price was $799 USD Street. Since the only difference between it and your pick is finish and PUs I'd say it's not a good deal. To see what his markup is ask what the rpice of the MGO is and compare it to the normal retail of $799. Then figure he's marked the other one up as much and barter him down!
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
The Gold Top (EC-1000 MGO) got a great review on Guitar Player 2-3 months ago. But the price was $799 USD Street. Since the only difference between it and your pick is finish and PUs I'd say it's not a good deal. To see what his markup is ask what the rpice of the MGO is and compare it to the normal retail of $799. Then figure he's marked the other one up as much and barter him down!

I see, I'll see what I can do about it. ^^ Though you have to take into the account that I live in Norway, which is quite expensive when it comes to instruments, that price is actually quite fine when compared to other stuff here. :p But yeah, I'll see what I can get out of him ^^
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
the flat black one you are looking at sells for almost $800 in the US. I'd say for norway your getting a pretty good deal.
Quote by KenG

The prices here in Scandinavia are way higher than in america. For example, my RGT costed 4000 USD converted from swedish SEK. In us the list price was 2200 USD or something like that.
If you like it, go for it. I had an Ec-1000 myself but i couldnt stand the not being able to reach any frets on a les paul type body. Good guitar tho.
in canada i got the flat black one for 900 new tax inc. which was a good deal, i've seen it sell for 1000
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Sorry to post again, but if the issue is price may I recommend Ebay. They might be used but like I said this is a great guitar.
I have the exact same guitar and I absolutely love it. I have several other guitars and I keep coming back to the EC.
The best revenge is bettering yourself-Zacky V

311 Freak of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Thanks for the replies people, really appreciate it. I'll be going to the shop again today to purchase the beauty, so expect a NGD-thread by me later today ^^
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-