The fact that this is the first Benediction thread in this forum furthers my theory that you are all raving players of the pink oboe. Classic brum death metal with a shitload of groove, refreshingly devoid of wankery.

Shit/good vid

Myspazz ("Sounds Like: BEING HIT IN THE FACE BY A GOOD QUALITY WILLOW CRICKET BAT")

Home to Dave Hunt of Anaal Nathrakh, they play with Nick Barker live and used to have a certain Barney Greenway on vocals.
Last edited by webbtje at May 20, 2010,
Odd that it's the only thread...

Oh well, just keep trucking I suppose. I think these guys are pretty fantastic, remniscient of Master.
I was never really into them, the video you linked to is alright I s'pose, but they are just pretty standard Deathrash, to me. This song is seemingly an exception though.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I also find it odd that there was no Benediction thread before. Transcend The Rubicon is a masterpiece. One of my favourite early Death Metal albums.

Looking forward to seeing them at Bloodstock too/
ttr is pretty good but they're nothing amazing, just some good american dm

this is why we need a death metal thread, not just wanky death metal and gay death metal threads
i am the moonstar
Quote by Cambyses
ttr is pretty good but they're nothing amazing, just some good american dm

this is why we need a death metal thread, not just wanky death metal and gay death metal threads

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268833&highlight=death+metal+thread

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=773563&highlight=death+metal+thread

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1238447&highlight=death+metal+thread

The second is more likely what you're looking for.

Oh, and a great band to say the least. TTR is one my favorite USDM albums
Philosophy > Life
Lads are we talking about the same band?? Benediction are English!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
huh i read birmingham sometime and i assumed alabama

i guess anything other then birmingham alabama is an improvement
i am the moonstar
I dunno, Birmingham is pretty shit here, too.

/has only ever been once.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by severed-metal
reminiscent of Master.
This is all that's needed to convince me.

Most Master-like (that's fast and primitive for you) album? If it's any good, I'll get to the others, of course, but that's just what I want the most right now.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
This is all that's needed to convince me.

Most Master-like (that's fast and primitive for you) album? If it's any good, I'll get to the others, of course, but that's just what I want the most right now.

Check out either Transcend the Rubicon or The Grand Leveller, along with The Grotesque/Ashen Epitaph ep.
Thanks, Transcend the Rubicon it will be.

...would you love me?
Quote by Stranglehold
Lads are we talking about the same band?? Benediction are English!

hahahaha

I do that with Napalm Death too.
Philosophy > Life
Napalm Death aren't from the US? Anyway...

Having two listens of Transcend under my belt, I can confidently say that it KICKS ASS.
The riffing is just how it should be: even at high speed it always remains interesting, and during the more groovy passages it's always rhythmically interesting (and occasionally very catchy). The guitar tone is just how I like it (with extra meat), and I think I might even prefer Dave Ingram's vocals to Karl Willets'.

Not a masterpiece, but indeed a very good album that I'll probably come back to every now and then when I'm in the mood for chunky death metal. Will give their other releases a shot.

...would you love me?
Excellent band. They have had some excellent vocal performances on their albums, in my opinion.

About as close to true Hardcore Punk / Metal hybrid (influence) as I like to dabble in, but excellently done all the same
Quote by Kepulix
I love the sound of doom in the morning, it sounds like... victory