Page 1 of 2
Prom is tomorrow and my group of friends are thinking of throwing a small hotel after-party (like 10 or 12 people only). We are getting a 5-person suite and then we are sneaking in the other people. There will be drinking and some pot smoking.

Since none of us are 21, I am getting a friend of mine who is old enough to get the suite for us, but he will not stick around for the party. The problem is that my friend is kind of paranoid about the party getting busted and getting in trouble. How much trouble can we all get in (especially my 21 year old friend) if we get busted?
All depends on what they bust you for. Pot? Yea, I would say that you would be in deep shit.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Probably quite a bit, nothing too major though.

Just don't get busted, keep the noise down and lay low, they shouldn't suspect anything.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Hotels usually don't want to get police cars out front so the worst you'll get is probably kicked out. Unless you damage anything in which case they'll contact the guy who brought the room.
I get a feeling that we will be busted for having too many people in a room for just 5
just don't be unnecessarily loud. it shouldn't matter how many people come. if you get busted, most of the shit is probably gonna go to your friend. since you are all underage
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
if you have it in a hotel you pretty much wont be able to make any noise, or someone is gonna complain and you guys are gonna get busted. i suggest finding somewhere else.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by maiden_man_666
Just don't have it in a hotel. Have it in a house??

Yeah, if possible, this definitely.

That's where all the parties I went to after my Year 11 prom, and we were all 16.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by MangoStarr
just don't be unnecessarily loud. it shouldn't matter how many people come. if you get busted, most of the shit is probably gonna go to your friend. since you are all underage

A lot of us are 18 but you have to be 21 to rent a suite around here. I'm also more concerned with getting my friend in trouble. I don't want him to get in trouble because he is doing all of us a BIG favor by getting us the room.

Quote by maiden_man_666
Just don't have it in a hotel. Have it in a house??

We are doing it at a hotel outside the city in order to have a smaller chance of getting caught by our strict parents. Also, for the experience of partaking in a hotel party.
Last edited by sticksause at May 20, 2010,
Throw a giant party somewhere outside on a field or a beach. 10 times more fun.
Where did you get the insane idea that the hotel wouldn't call the coppers within minutes? Seriously? How much thought have you given this, twelve seconds' worth?

Quote by sticksause
I get a feeling that we will be busted for having too many people in a room for just 5

Perish the thought!
Last edited by webbtje at May 20, 2010,
Just don't be too loud, your neighboring tenants might complain to the lobby, and then you're screwed.
DeVillains!
i've been to plenty of hotel parties. just don't be too loud. its really not hard to get away with, especially with only ten or so people
Quote by Smokey Amp
You can take a noob to water, but you can't like make a noob drink. Y'know?

Don't be a fucktard. Only a teenage yeti would think back hair is cool.

Mackin' bitches and taking it back since 1990
Really depends on the hotel and the type of people they have working there. They'll at least give you a warning, decide then. Usually there isn't a problem unless you're right nextdoor to someone, i think they usually try to space people out. Anyway, 5 people suite is pretty big really-shouldn't be a problem.

And yeh this-
Quote by kaptink
Hotels usually don't want to get police cars out front so the worst you'll get is probably kicked out. Unless you damage anything in which case they'll contact the guy who brought the room.

EDIT: so yeah, i'd do it. I'm no role model though.
Once you've all gotten drunk you won't notice how loud you are. When the hotel people come to tell you to stfu, they may notice the funny smelling smoke. Not that there's anything suspicious about a bunch of kids coming to the hotel on prom night anyway.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

This is dumb. You won't be able to make any noise, and the cops will be called.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Smoke in the bathroom, and just try to be reasonable. Don't get so trashed where you'd think "hmm.. no way I could handle talking to a bell boy right now.."
Well dude, a party without any risk isn't a real party is it? Regardless of where you do it, alcohol, pot, and teenagers don't come together and end peacefully, so it's your call

As for having loads of people, it would be pretty difficult for them to know how many people are in there

As some guys here have already said, if you don't want trouble, don't make loads of noise. I mean, it's a hotel.
go to someones house man, thats what i did last week.
everyone got p***ed, listened to loud music and had fun all round
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by voodoochild23
Well dude, a party without any risk isn't a real party is it?

I dunno about you, but I like relaxing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by richyt93
go to someones house man, thats what i did last week.
everyone got p***ed, listened to loud music and had fun all round

Aye... had a party for my 16th last week... sent the dad off to get a ****load of booze and a good night was had by all....

Don't get why some people don't just talk to their parents about alcohol etc... they were your age once.
Check out my fitness blog here
Horrendous idea. It will be loud, much louder than it might seem, people are gonna complain, and you're going to totally destroy the hotel room. There's a high risk of getting caught and the end result is less rewarding than if you do it at someone's house.
Quote by maiden_man_666
Aye... had a party for my 16th last week... sent the dad off to get a ****load of booze and a good night was had by all....

Don't get why some people don't just talk to their parents about alcohol etc... they were your age once.

because generally parents tend to frown upon such activities, and punish their children for partaking. besides, the drinking age isnt 16 in many parts of the world
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
21 year old friend is dumb.

Try one of the 7 koopa hotels.
Quote by frozen_soul
because generally parents tend to frown upon such activities, and punish their children for partaking. besides, the drinking age isnt 16 in many parts of the world

In the UK it's legal for someone to drink alcohol from the age of 5 in their own, or someone else's home.
Okay, we are still having the hotel party, but I am not making my friend get us the room anymore. I know that we will **** up and things will end badly for him. Instead, one of my other friends is getting someone else that is over 21 to get the suite for us Now their friend can get in trouble and not mine. Hooray for loose morals.
Quote by sticksause
Okay, we are still having the hotel party, but I am not making my friend get us the room anymore. I know that we will **** up and things will end badly for him. Instead, one of my other friends is getting someone else that is over 21 to get the suite for us Now their friend can get in trouble and not mine. Hooray for loose morals.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by sticksause
Get ready.

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
that's how it's done.

seriously though, beach parties are amazing

edit: element is just scaring you, you won't go to jail. unless you're all a bunch of smartass loudmouth douchebags who don't give a shit about cops
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by MangoStarr
that's how it's done.

I know, but we live at least 3 hours away from the beach
If you smoke pot you'll get in tons of trouble. If they smell it at all they'll check out the room.

Quote by MangoStarr
that's how it's done.

edit: element is just scaring you, you won't go to jail. unless you're all a bunch of smartass loudmouth douchebags who don't give a shit about cops
If they're smoking pot and get caught they'll at least get taken in. And add in supplying alcohol to minors (assuming minors will be present), and you could get in some serious trouble. Jail time? Probably not, depending on the amount of marijuana found, but some steep fines fo' sho'.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
If they're smoking pot and get caught they'll at least get taken in. And add in supplying alcohol to minors (assuming minors will be present), and you could get in some serious trouble. Jail time? Probably not, depending on the amount of marijuana found, but some steep fines fo' sho'.

Everyone at the party will be an underage drinker. I've smoked pot in a hotel room before, but it was only three of us in the room. What if we have pot brownies instead of smoking it?
I wouldn't smoke pot in a hotel room. The smell stays for waaaay longer than you think, and if one of the employees smokes pot, they'll recognise it in an instant. Then, depending on the state you leave the room in, they will quite probably call the police. As someone who's worked in hotels for the past 2 years, I can assure you that staff will have no issue busting tenants, especially if they leave a mess. I'd go outside somewhere. Surely you don't live that far from some wasteland or a field or a park or something?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by sticksause
Everyone at the party will be an underage drinker. I've smoked pot in a hotel room before, but it was only three of us in the room. What if we have pot brownies instead of smoking it?
I don't know. I'm not a law expert. I'm just saying consider the consequences before doing anything. Are you over 18? Because if you are, and you get caught it will stay on your record. A guy I work with's daughter got caught throwing a party when she was 18, and she has to put that on every job application she fills out.

I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, but I'd think before you act.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I don't know. I'm not a law expert. I'm just saying consider the consequences before doing anything. Are you over 18? Because if you are, and you get caught it will stay on your record. A guy I work with's daughter got caught throwing a party when she was 18, and she has to put that on every job application she fills out.

I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, but I'd think before you act.

Yeah, a lot of are 18 There will be some 17 year olds as well.
Page 1 of 2