For it
32 30%
Against it
42 40%
Don't care
32 30%
Voters: 106.
Page 1 of 2
What is your take on it? Are your for it or against it?
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
I am for it. It's completely logical and necessary.

You can't clone humans.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Another me would be awesome.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm all for it as long as we keep it realistic and not talk about an instant-me-clone. .
Just to avoid moral debates from stupid people, I say we avoid it.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Hmm... Just as long as we only clone mining midgets... I loved the Gammas from BNW.
Against it. It would double the number of dumb threads around here...
>.>
<.<
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...

If it'll mean we can recreate this man's singing, hell yes.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I personally dont see the point, we are over populated as it is plus new humans can be created through childbirth which is a lot more natural. A better question would be "do you agree in cloning?" with animal cloning we could increase food production vastly, tackling and maybe ending hunger as we now it.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
I honestly can't come up with anything other than a slippery slope argument against it, which isn't a good enough reason to not try. Whether it's possible or not.

What is worth arguing is how clones should be treated. I think it's fair to admit that they aren't the same person as who they were clones of, that would be silly. We would have to treat them the same as we should treat every other person, which limits it's applications.
You guys have to realize that a clone of yourself is not gonna magically walk out of some cloning machine. It will start out as a baby and grow at the same rate of a normal person.
I wouldn't care cloning parts of human body, but another me? I'll make sure he's dead
        Quote by sticksause
        You guys have to realize that a clone of yourself is not gonna magically walk out of some cloning machine. It will start out as a baby and grow at the same rate of a normal person.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
        Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
        2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
        Quote by captaincrunk
        I honestly can't come up with anything other than a slippery slope argument against it, which isn't a good enough reason to not try. Whether it's possible or not.

What is worth arguing is how clones should be treated. I think it's fair to admit that they aren't the same person as who they were clones of, that would be silly. We would have to treat them the same as we should treat every other person, which limits it's applications.

I personally dont think we should try it because i believe some experiments would be done on it. But if they treated it as an equal I would be open to it. but idk I believe people have a sort of "soul" if you will. Im not religious either. So would this clone have a "soul" or would it be like the clones from star wars? haha or the stepford wifes?
        Quote by sticksause

Or not if its the case of a UGer.

I think it should be done just to prove that it can be done, but there's the problem of the person who is the clone, is their life any less valued because they're a copy of someone else? Although in honesty they're not going to be the same person in terms of their personality, even their appearence would be different to the person being cloned (i mean compared at the appropriate ages) due to environmental effects. By the time they were an adult they would be unlikely to be completley genetically identical anyway.

A teleporter accident is the only way

Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
        Don't really care. It's not that important a topic.
        Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
        Oscar Wilde
        Quote by MAX-182
        I personally dont think we should try it because i believe some experiments would be done on it. But if they treated it as an equal I would be open to it. but idk I believe people have a sort of "soul" if you will. Im not religious either. So would this clone have a "soul" or would it be like the clones from star wars? haha or the stepford wifes?

If it were created, it would be just as valid as any other person. There's nothing that would separate it from the rest of us.
        Last edited by captaincrunk at May 20, 2010,
        I have no moral problem with it, but I really don't see the point?
        He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
        Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
        Why is it such a big deal to prove we can? Oh look at me in a scientist and I can manipulate life. Why don't we cure cancer and AIDS first.
        Quote by MAX-182
        Why is it such a big deal to prove we can? Oh look at me in a scientist and I can manipulate life. Why don't we cure cancer and AIDS first.

It's not like all scientists are in the same field and you just can choose to work with what you want
        ████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████
        ██████████████████████████
        ^That. I've never understood that argument.

Also, if the technology IS perfected it won't really be different to producing a child naturally, the clones will be people just like anyone else, in no way different (especially from the person they were cloned from )

Therefore I have no moral objection to the practice of cloning. For me, the moral questions arise when people inevitably try to treat the clones as inferior to non-clones, which is obviously a load of crap.
        Quote by XxLloydxX
        How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
        Last edited by monkey_dancer at May 20, 2010,
        Quote by mini flea
        I personally dont see the point, we are over populated as it is plus new humans can be created through childbirth which is a lot more natural. A better question would be "do you agree in cloning?" with animal cloning we could increase food production vastly, tackling and maybe ending hunger as we now it.

Problem with animal cloning to solve world hunger is that it'd probably cost more to clone them than it would to naturally breed them, and as others have said, the clones would only grow at the same rate as the natural borns.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
        There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
        how about we just stick to ****ing then 9 months later a baby pops out and its like a little clone of you and your woman.
        Quote by Kensai
        It's not like all scientists are in the same field and you just can choose to work with what you want

So scientist really get no say in what they study?
        Quote by MAX-182

Billions of dollars go towards curing cancer. AIDS is a poor African disease and nobody stands to make any more from a cure. That's why. It's not right obviously but that's what happens when multinational companies run everything and nobody is willing to let the government spend our money curing what is mostly a foreign disease.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
        Oscar Wilde
        Quote by MAX-182

No money = no science.
        don't really care for the fact it's impossible i think...

also dumb idea in the first place, it's just to stress the "scientific muscles" we don't actually NEED to clone humans or anything beside food in case of a global famine i guess
        Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
        tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
        ilikeyou.

not hated
        Quote by bass-man9712
        don't really care for the fact it's impossible i think...

also dumb idea in the first place, it's just to stress the "scientific muscles" we don't actually NEED to clone humans or anything beside food in case of a global famine i guess

It would be necessary if we ever wanted to do something like grow replacement organs.

Oscar Wilde
        Quote by MAX-182

no, he's saying that it's stupid to be like "hey dude, I know you've spent years studying the human genome and cloning, but that's stupid, go cure cancer!"

he's spent his time studying for the field he chose and probably doesn't know much more about cancer than you do. and you can't force everyone to study in a certain field, they'll study what the hell they want to.

as to the topic, I don't really have a moral problem with the idea of cloning, but cloning humans would be pointless. we are already getting overpopulated, i think china has a law that you can't have more than like 1 or 2 kids. maybe cloning body parts would be good, but then again, that's fighting death, which is as important as life is. if people didn't die then we would definitely get overpopulated, very quickly. death is just one of those natural things that shouldn't be fucked with IMO.
        I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. Plus I'm ethically against it.
        Quote by pwnerer
        Morally, a bit dodgy, but medically useful.

I mean just duplicating cells and growing organs by themselves. I don't think growing a whole clone just as a set of replacement organs is feasible or sensible.

Oscar Wilde
        Quote by Meths
        I mean just duplicating cells and growing organs by themselves. I don't think growing a whole clone just as a set of replacement organs is feasible or sensible.

Haha ok that's what I thought you meant...
        Quote by MAX-182

many types of cancer have been pretty much cured.its mostly just a matter of catching it early enough. plus if we can clone a human being more than likely some of the knowledge we gained along the way would have some medical applications
        ಠ_ಠ
        <|>
        /ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
        Page 1 of 2