Poll: Which band name do you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which band name do you prefer?
Mariposa
29 49%
Right Next To Clouds
30 51%
Voters: 59.
So, me and the singer of my band disagree on the band name. I'm not going to tell you which one I support, so this will be neutral.

I realize there's a band name thread in bandleading, but I've been there before, and help is quite rare. Plus, I can't make a poll IN the thread.

So, which of the two names above do you prefer? The band is Alternative. Our main influences are The Silversun Pickups, Smashing Pumpkins and (in my case) Placebo.
Both aren't really good.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by genghisgandhi
They both are crappy. If I saw a flier saying "Come See *One of those names,*" I would scoff at their emo-ness.
In what way are either of them emo?
The first one is better. The second one is overly long and sounds like some hipster douche wearing an ironic hoodie with an annoying girlfriend that looks like Haley Williams and draws on herself came up with it.
Mariposa = album name
Right Next To Clouds = band name
Because we seperate... it ripples our reflections.
.snoitcelfer ruo selppir ti...etarepes ew esuaceB
Last edited by trurob101 at May 20, 2010,
You could make a poll in Bandleading, though. Both names are awful anyway.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Could you make a "both ideas are terrible" option in the poll so i can properly express my opinion?
the game
Quote by genghisgandhi
Anything involving clouds in a band title is emo. Any band name that's one word that isn't commonly used is emo.

Are you calling clouds gay? If you are i'm going to kick your ass. My favorite hobbie is staring at the clouds and crying. You, my friend, are a douche. (just kidding, Your not my friend)
Quote by 100%
Are you calling clouds gay? If you are i'm going to kick your ass. My favorite hobbie is staring at the clouds and crying. You, my friend, are a douche. (just kidding, Your not my friend)

You know what comes from clouds? Rain. And you know what follows rain?

Rainbows.

Coincidence?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by 100%

It sounds like you are gay too for liking clouds. Oh, and you wrote "kick" in your second sentence. I think you meant to write "fuck".

/smartassresponse
Quote by GC Shred Off
Nice choice of the Spanish word for "butterfly."
Did you actually know that off the top of your head?
Did you honestly sit there arguing and then go:

"WAIT! Why are we arguing like such children? let us decide this like MEN!... I'll go ask the Pit."

Quote by genghisgandhi
Anything involving clouds in a band title is emo. Any band name that's one word that isn't commonly used is emo.

^lol'd noob.
Quote by Adam Scott
Did you honestly sit there arguing and then go:

"WAIT! Why are we arguing like such children? let us decide this like MEN!... I'll go ask the Pit."

Well, we're playing somewhere in about a week, and we haven't been able to agree on a bandname. We ended up agreeing that if either of the two got more than 60% of the vote on here, we'd take that name, at least for this show.
Quote by herby190
Did you actually know that off the top of your head?

I speak Spanish pretty well. I think some people also use the word for "night light."
Quote by GC Shred Off
I speak Spanish pretty well. I think some people also use the word for "night light."
I actually had to look that one up when the singer originally came up with it; kudos for knowing it.
I voted for Mariposa, purely to tie it up.

Both are a'ight, neither jumps out though.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by 100%

i'm sorry, but who considers crying as a hobby? yes a good cry once in a while is good for you. but for a hobby? do you actually get pleasure out of it? and no i'm not trying to be a dick, i'm just curious.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Are you loling at me? If you are, I'll kill you.

I'll kill him too.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
pick Mariposa please. I tied up the poll so listen to me
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Those are two of THE WORST band names I've ever seen.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by That Old Geezer
i'm sorry, but who considers crying as a hobby? yes a good cry once in a while is good for you. but for a hobby? do you actually get pleasure out of it? and no i'm not trying to be a dick, i'm just curious.

lol troll'd

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by 100%

I called them emo, are you calling emos gay? If you are i'm going to kick your ass. My favorite hobbie is staring at emos and crying. You, my friend, are a douche. (just kidding, Your not my friend)
Quote by 100%

lol what a b!tch!
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Last edited by Acronikos at May 20, 2010,
Quote by genghisgandhi
I called them emo, are you calling emos gay? If you are i'm going to kick your ass. My favorite hobbie is staring at emos and crying. You, my friend, are a douche. (just kidding, Your not my friend)