hey im thinking about getting a jackson RR3 as my next guitar. but i havent had the chance to try one out yet. is there anything i should know about it? whats the neck like? is the compound radius fretboard comftorble? is it good to solo on? is the bridge any good? i heard liscensed floyds tend to break easily.

whats it like playing standing up? is it evenly ballanced?
it all depends on the exact guitar, i have a RR3 and i love it
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
I have an RR24, and for the balancement it's perfect IMO. playing while sitting down is less confortable but still okay. And if you play with your guitar low enough while standing up it look bad-ass.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
I aswell have an RR24, and sitting down its not uncomfortable to me.. but thats just me, sick guitars, after i got it setup the action is retardedly low, its the bomb, im asuming the RR3 is fairly similar but without 24 frets and some other minor touchs. try out one if you can though always try it out before you buy it
Quote by thrashaholic666
hey im thinking about getting a jackson RR3 as my next guitar. but i havent had the chance to try one out yet. is there anything i should know about it? whats the neck like? is the compound radius fretboard comftorble? is it good to solo on? is the bridge any good? i heard liscensed floyds tend to break easily.

whats it like playing standing up? is it evenly ballanced?

I have never seen a broken FR. They're not made out of peanut brittle, you know.

As to your query, no one can give you the information you're looking for. It's purely subjective. This thread is pointless, you have to try it out yourself.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

I have never seen a broken FR. They're not made out of peanut brittle, you know.

As to your query, no one can give you the information you're looking for. It's purely subjective. This thread is pointless, you have to try it out yourself.

ive heard from plenty of people that liscensed floyd roses are junky and break easily and if it has a liscensed floyd in ti then dont buy it or jusr switch it with an origional floyd.

also is a compound radius fretbord comftorable?
What's the neck like? Thinner than on a Soloist but not as thin as a Kelly. Very nice for most purposes I'd say.

Is the compound radius fretboard comfortable? Yes, it's fantastic in my opinion.

Is it good to solo on? Absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be.

Is the bridge any good? OK, so it's a licensed FR but Jackson make some very good licensed trems and as someone else has already said, you could always switch it to a proper Floyd in the fullness of time.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
What's the neck like? Thinner than on a Soloist but not as thin as a Kelly. Very nice for most purposes I'd say.

Is the compound radius fretboard comfortable? Yes, it's fantastic in my opinion.

Is it good to solo on? Absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be.

Is the bridge any good? OK, so it's a licensed FR but Jackson make some very good licensed trems and as someone else has already said, you could always switch it to a proper Floyd in the fullness of time.

how thin are the necks on a kelly? are we talking like ibanez wizard II?
They are great guitars, but I just really don't care for the necks
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by thrashaholic666
how thin are the necks on a kelly? are we talking like ibanez wizard II?
Not Ibanez thin IMO, but pretty thin.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Not Ibanez thin IMO, but pretty thin.

This, and sort of D shaped
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09