First of all, sorry if this is not in the correct forum but I thought it was. If it isnt just move it for me.

I am trying to tab out my first song. I am using tux guitar and am trying to tab out The Crimson Armada's "The Final Words". The Final Words

I would like to know what a good way to find out tempo is, first of all. I have just been putting a click track with a tempo I think is close, and then playing the song over it and then playing with the tempo until it seems right. But I can't seem to get it right. So could someone please let me know if there is a better way? Thanks

Also, could someone give me a better tempo than what I am using for the intro. I am using 275 bpm, but I think that is still too slow....

Thanks again
well i dont know how good your ear is, but a good way to learn tempo is simply this: star spangled banner is in 120. (2 beats per second) if you ever played guitar hero? the song arterial black by drist is in 160. otherwise simply use an online metronome and use it from there, eventually your ear will develop tempo alignment by itself
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
and i just checked out your link, 275 sounds pretty close to me, try putting that in an online metronome like i said and tweeking it from there
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I don't think I have that great of an ear, but I am trying. After about 2 years of "playing" and about 3.5 years of having a guitar I decided to try tabbing out some stuff and developing my ear.

So you think its only +/- ~5bpm off?