So... I got a 2180...

Is this reason to celebrate and burn my books or should i try again? Im thinking about schools like UCLA, Cal, and UChicago...should i try for more?

hbu?
Quote by captaincrunk
Anything over 2000 is gonna be good enough to get in anywhere.

Meh.

You need at least a GPA of 3.8 and some SAT 2 tests to be qualified for top ranked schools.

Unless you're a great athlete.
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by speedylocs
So... I got a 2180...

Is this reason to celebrate and burn my books or should i try again? Im thinking about schools like UCLA, Cal, and UChicago...should i try for more?

hbu?

Being an in-state resident might make it easier but a friends of mine have gotten in Cal and UChicago with SATs in the neighborhood. GPA and extra-curriculars are where its at these days though. And ethnicity definitely matters with the UC schools.

Quote by captaincrunk
Anything over 2000 is gonna be good enough to get in anywhere.

No it isn't.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by Tster
i dont live in the states. how good is 2180 out of like 100% kinda thing?

The highest possible score is a 2400.
I just took it for my first time and got a 1550.
I only have like a 1.8 GPA though cause I dont try in school
love is love // return to dust
ok lets play the game then :P

gpa: 3.85 unweighted
4.2 weighted
SAT: 2180

Extracurriculars:
Volunteered with same organization for four years (200 hours)
business club: 7th place nationally in law competition....

Ethnicity:
White, but not born in the states

where could i go?
Quote by speedylocs
ok lets play the game then :P

gpa: 3.85 unweighted
4.2 weighted
SAT: 2180

Extracurriculars:
Volunteered with same organization for four years (200 hours)
business club: 7th place nationally in law competition....

Ethnicity:
White, but not born in the states

where could i go?

Your biggest hurdle to get accepted.
i was gonna ask if being jewish meant anything but then i remembered that kaplan test prep was made by a jew who wasn't accepted cuz he was jewish....
Quote by rx_eb
Meh.

You need at least a GPA of 3.8 and some SAT 2 tests to be qualified for top ranked schools.

Unless you're a great athlete.

He didn't ask about GPA, and he never said he didn't take any of the other SAT's.
Quote by dviv17
TS, this seems like a very egocentric thread.

well why not celebrate a little bit :P
i cant brag at school cuz thats actually pretty effed up
Quote by speedylocs
well why not celebrate a little bit :P
i cant brag at school cuz thats actually pretty effed up

Haha i'm with you. I was asking around a bit, and people who asked me what I got were offended by my 1900 haha.

Congrats man, that's a really high score. What did you do best in? I was top 4% in the Reading but math isn't my forte at all haha.
i dunno how the scoring works but i guess that's good
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by darkcheef
Your biggest hurdle to get accepted.

At least he isn't Asian.

And the unweighted is good, weighted a little low but it kinda depends on how your school weights advanced classes. Any APs? Volunteer work is great, business competition not so much (if it is what I think it is). Very good chance at UCLA, average for Cal, UChicago depends a little on major and background.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by dviv17
Haha i'm with you. I was asking around a bit, and people who asked me what I got were offended by my 1900 haha.

Congrats man, that's a really high score. What did you do best in? I was top 4% in the Reading but math isn't my forte at all haha.

wow thats hilarious, reading was my weakest, i effing hate the reading

i got writing: 800 math 760 reading 620....

but at the same time i dont think im better than anyone else, it just took a lot of work. first score was around 1500.....
Quote by The Slunk
The highest possible score is a 2400.

Still doesn't mean anything-

for example, in the UK I can say someone got 80% on a maths test. At GCSE, you have different levels of papers, and an 80% on the advanced one may be an A, but may be a C on the intermediate
Quote by speedylocs
wow thats hilarious, reading was my weakest, i effing hate the reading

i got writing: 800 math 760 reading 620....

but at the same time i dont think im better than anyone else, it just took a lot of work. first score was around 1500.....

Oh that gives me a confidence boost haha, this was my first sat, and I really didn't prepare for it like a lot of kids here haha. I got a 1900, but now I think it's plausible that I can break the 2000s.