http://appleton.craigslist.org/msg/1749817735.html

Did a little searching and it looks somewhat like this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-ARX140-Electric-Guitar-518063-i1421454.gc

I could very well be wrong and there may be some cheaper yet similar-looking model out there somewhere....but if it is the ARX140 and all the accessories, $180 just seems...crazy, almost.

I sent an e-mail to the seller asking what model it is, hopefully I receive a response soon....but in the meantime, this seems to be floating somewhere between "too good to be true" and "what a steal!"
Could be a GRX or an older model, at the end of the day you just need to ask if yourself if you want to buy a beginner guitar.

Edit: GAX, that's what I meant. Thank you dude below me.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at May 20, 2010,
looks like a GAX30 to me, the Gio version of the ARX series i think. its Ibanez's beginner/budget line of guitars
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
What is your budget
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by --ESTRANGED--
looks like a GAX30 to me, the Gio version of the ARX series i think. its Ibanez's beginner/budget line of guitars

This sounds about right. He responded promptly and said it's an Ibanez Gio series 22 fret. Darnit, so close...haha. Guess I'm better off going with something like the GRGA32 for my first guitar? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRGA32-Electric-Guitar-584123-i1499739.gc

It's just tough to decide whether or not it's worth it to pay another $50 for the RG series...hmm.
Quote by Hack Diesel
This sounds about right. He responded promptly and said it's an Ibanez Gio series 22 fret. Darnit, so close...haha. Guess I'm better off going with something like the GRGA32 for my first guitar? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRGA32-Electric-Guitar-584123-i1499739.gc

It's just tough to decide whether or not it's worth it to pay another $50 for the RG series...hmm.

If this is your first guitar that's still a good deal, I started on a GIO and loved it, the GRG170. When I upgraded to an RG though I hated it because the trem was low quality (as it is until the prestige series) and was a real pain.
The GIO series is great for beginners because you don't know what sort of playing you will really enjoy until you start and the inexpensive first guitar makes that much less painful monetarily.

Edit: The edge 3 trem on the RGs isn't bad it's just not very user friendly for a beginner. IMO a beginner should stay away from any locking trems until they are more experienced.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at May 20, 2010,
No spend 50 more buck and get the grga32t it's much better it has an edge III trem same pickups and a better neck because it locks. Trust me you will be much happier with that 50 more bucks spent.
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

man, if this is your first guitar, i'd still get it. i own a GAX30, obvviously, i've replaced it as i got better, but i still love playing the old thing every now and then. they really are brilliant beginner guitars
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
Quote by van01010100
Haha I live in Little Chute and I was considering snagging that up as well till I looked a little closer

Any chance you've been playing long enough to recommend a course of action for this package? I was originally working with a $450ish budget, was aiming for an Ibanez in the neighborhood of $250 and a Peavey Vypyr 15W to go with it. I could still certainly acquire the Peavey amp and use this guitar...
I've been playing a long time but I don't know a lot about the Gio series, and even less about amps (I use a PodXt and headphones 99% of the time), but I'd suggest spending more on the guitar and finding a cheap but decent used amp to start out with, then save up for a better amp.

Which guitar you get should depend heavily on what type of music you want to play. If you want an Ibanez I'd check out eBay for a used RG that's not a Gio.
I wouldn't mind playing a little of classic rock, hard rock, metal, punk (Ramones-esque), and overall most helpfuls have suggested Ibanez so I don't break the bank while still being able to play my sorta-favorites (80's stuff mostly) with successful tones.
Quote by bbetances
sorry to hear that.

Thanks Cpt. Useless...anybody else have any thoughts on the issue?
Now you could probably get an old rg on craigslist for 200 and then spend the rest on an amp but don't get an mg get a peavey valveking royal 8
Quote by BrokenDstring