Hey guys,

I've been playing bass for a little over 3 years, and want to learn some guitar. I saw this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-Acoustic-Guitar-and-Mandolin-Pack?sku=511194

and wondered if it's any good. I noticed it for the price and the mandolin. What do you guys think of it?

thanks!
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
I have been playing guitar for about 5 years now and i can tell you that for the price Rogue is pretty amazing, though the electronics on their acoustic electrics crap out easy i can say its a great deal. I have 2, i just recently upgraded to a takamine and it cost me triple the price of a rogue. No actual company website though so you have to go to musiciansfriend with ALL complaints if there is a problem.
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Custom Painted Rogue Dreadnought
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Morley Tremonti Power Wah
Fuzz Fucker(handbuilt fuzz factory clone)
they sell bundles like this? lol $100 seems a little too cheap tho doesnt it? i wouldnt expect much quality out of either, but ull never know unless you play them yourself.
Its a steal but the honestly sounds good with a set of new strings on them.
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Custom Painted Rogue Dreadnought
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Morley Tremonti Power Wah
Fuzz Fucker(handbuilt fuzz factory clone)
Haven't played either of those, but these Rogue starter packs and beginner instruments aren't really half bad sometimes. I was surprised at well their $100 lapsteel worked and it even sounded ok. If you're just getting into these instruments for the sake of seeing if you like it then why not?

if you decide you dont like either of these instruments in general (not these ones specifically) then you only lost out on a hundred bucks.

Both of these will benefit from a nice setup at a guitar store, though. Cheap instruments sometimes come with high action, intonation issues (especially the mandolin), and buzzes.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Sweet, I've got the cash. New strings won't be a problem either. Thanks ya'll!

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Ooh but what type of strigns would be best to buy?

sweet...

at some point, you'll probably need to replace the tuners, but overall these aren't bad for the price. if you're not happy with the sound, try martin silk and steels - they worked wonders on our rogues.
I just got one a few days ago, I'm a bass player but I wanted one just for the hell of it.

I don't know if you'd like it for a guitar player of 3 years. The only think that I'm not really fond of is the action (I'm planning on taking it in to get the nut sanded and neck adjusted to make it easier)

I can't really make a comment on tone because I only really know about bass tone. In my uneducated opinion it sounds good and plays easy (besides the action thing)

It was well worth the $80 I paid
Random off brand P Bass (Fretless)
SR 485 Sound gear 5 string bass
60's Crown violin bass
Rogue RA-100D Acoustic Guitar
-
Peavey TNT 115 Bass Amp
Bass Big Muff pi
Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah
The only thing I can say about packs like that, is once you spend the $100 it's pretty much $100 gone forever. Yes, it's only $100. But for a little more you can buy a better guitar that has a better resale value, and will be an overall better instrument. As far as resale on something like that, nobody will buy it and you'll be stuck with it. If you buy a cheaper yamaha or something along those lines, you will get close to what you paid for it if you keep it nice.