and I wanna know what's a good set to start with? I got a 15-pound dumbbell, and I was thinking in doing 5-6 sets of 10 lifts in each arm, then 15 push ups and 30 abdominals each day from now on. Is it too much/little effort? Any tips? Btw, i am thin and im not very muscular. I got my muscles but they aren't impressive... My main goal is to notable increase the muscular mass in my biceps in 1-2 months.
All i have to say to this is P90X you might have seen the commercial it works.
Easy to torrent as well lol.
And its to going to be an easy workout but so gooood when you done.
Last edited by crzywhiteboy at May 20, 2010,
Firstly, find a weight you can comfortably lift 12 times without having to really strain yourself. Lets assume this weight is 10pounds..

Lift that weight 12 times, then take a 1-2 minute rest. Add a few more pounds, say 2-3. Now lift that 13pound weight 10 times. Another rest, and then add a bit more. Lift that say 15pound weight 8 times. All that will count as ONE SET. Simply do that one set once a day for a while, say a fortnight, until you feel confident to do another set.

The reason behind this is that you're increasing the weight as you go, but doing less reps. I can't remember the science behind this, it was a long while ago from GCSE Phys Ed. but it does work. You can of course apply the same idea to other excercises.

After doing this, you'll no doubt think "is that ALL?" - but take it from me, I'm a rediculously skinny guy and I built considerable muscle within weeks using this method!..

..then I caught flu, took a break and never bothered again >_<

EDIT: Oh, and if you're serious about gaining muscle, consider those protien-shakes. The ones you'll want aren't aimed at gaining weight, but more quickly repairing the "tearing effect" that happens during excercise- by "repairing" these "tears" faster, you gain the muscle faster. Really worth it
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at May 20, 2010,
what i do is just increase the number of repetitions by ten per week, also i try to mantain a 1:2 ratio for the pushups and abdominals (if you do 20 pushups do 40 abdominals) also try not to think in a number, just go on until you think its safe (dont try to hurt yourself). Thats all is can think off for now
Quote by TheClown
and I wanna know what's a good set to start with? I got a 15-pound dumbbell, and I was thinking in doing 5-6 sets of 10 lifts in each arm, then 15 push ups and 30 abdominals each day from now on. Is it too much/little effort? Any tips? Btw, i am thin and im not very muscular. I got my muscles but they aren't impressive... My main goal is to notable increase the muscular mass in my biceps in 1-2 months.

This, as well as pushups and situps, won't increase your muscle mass.

You'll want to lift heavier weights, and do less reps and sets to increase mass, although since you're starting out you should focus more on endurance and general fitness first, in my opinion.

Basically, heavier weights/less reps = strength/muscle mass
Lighter weights/more reps = endurance

Also, what's with all the exercise threads all of a sudden?
Last edited by Ninja Vampirate at May 20, 2010,
if you're going for workouts at home, get a pull up bar. That, push ups and barbells should cover your upper body.

For core, do sit ups, twisting sit ups and leg lifts.

for legs, do lunges, stand ups, and heel raises.

As for how much to exercise, just devote 30-60 minutes a day and keep working out during that time.

dont forget cardio
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
iv been playing sports my whole life so i dunno where to start off

im at 40 lb dumbells that i do 3 sets of 15 staggered each arm, and 1 second shrugs for traps
55 full situps 3 sets
35 pushups 3 sets
30lb dumbells for deltoids
and i do tricep workout by an inverted pushup with my legs on a chair and my arms on a chair in the crab walk style layout

Quote by Outerspacegrass
if you're going for workouts at home, get a pull up bar. That, push ups and barbells should cover your upper body.

For core, do sit ups, twisting sit ups and leg lifts.

for legs, do lunges, stand ups, and heel raises.

As for how much to exercise, just devote 30-60 minutes a day and keep working out during that time.

dont forget cardio

you completely forgot triceps, which are quite important if you want to get bigger, also trapezoids too
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at May 20, 2010,
Silverspurs has it right, but I feel the need to mention you have to make sure you're doing it properly. Perhaps go to a gym for a day and get some pointers.

I've seen people lifting massive amounts of weight, but they're not doing it preoperly, so it's not doing anything but damage to them.