Playing in the high school gymnasium today (rather than my usual cramped room) I came to truly appreciate my Hartke VX3500. Anyone looking for a metal amp should definitely look into it. Completely owned this guy's Behringer 8X10. Any one else here a fan of Hartke?
My guitar teacher's son has some Hartke with a 15 in speaker. He played it with a fretless jazz bass and he sounded awesome.
Favorite Gear

-Aria PE Anniversary
--Roland JC-120
---S101 ES-335
----S101 5 String
-----Ashdown MAG

Quote by thanksgiving
1. Talk to her friends.
2. Then talk to her
3. Invite her out on a date
4.??????????????
5. Jail
I've always thought that the Hartke HA3500 and HA5500 amplifiers were seriously underrated. They were surprisingly loud and capable of a lot of good tones - particularly the HA5500 head. I have a Hartke VX810 cabinet that I picked up new for next to nothing and it sounds fantastic. It is a very efficient cab, too. It puts out a lot more sound than some of its more expensive competitors.

I haven't been impressed by Hartke's LH series heads, or by the HyDrive combos. The heads just aren't as loud or as versatile as the HA series, and the HyDrive combos that I've played seemed to distort even at relatively low volumes. I had great hopes for the Hartke Kilo amplifier head, but as far as I know it was never released and I think that Hartke has decided to write it off for some reason. It looked like it was going to be a great amplifier. It's a shame they didn't bring it out.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I absolutely love my Hartke LH500 head. It's easily the best amp I've used for what I want.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
behringer is junk for bass, I have a Hartke transient drive 2000 amp and am picking up a 4x10 transporter cab probably
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!
Out of all the transparent amps, I have to say I love the Hartkes. We have one at the studio and I've used it with everything from a Precision bass to Stingrays and even the upright and the sound is wonderful.
I used a LH 500 and I had a great time with it. Huge upgrad from the Behringer 450 I was using. But I needed more tone options which I get with my Ampeg now.
Ive now got a hartke lh500 which replaced my ashdown 600, and it is easily way better, You can get some very earthy organic tones from it i found, and so very smooth clear ones. Great head all round. I want a VX4x10 now to with it.

My teacher also uses one with a hydrive 4x10 and he loves it, even though with the hydrive cab it gets very bright very quickly.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Ive now got a hartke lh500 which replaced my ashdown 600, and it is easily way better, You can get some very earthy organic tones from it i found, and so very smooth clear ones. Great head all round. I want a VX4x10 now to with it.

My teacher also uses one with a hydrive 4x10 and he loves it, even though with the hydrive cab it gets very bright very quickly.

Sam you have to run it through a VX410 now I command thee. The tone is beautiful. I promise that you won't be disappointed.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.