Budget is 1000$ (is flexible)
Dont mind going used
prefer tube amp
I'm at austin texas right now

I need a very versatile amp i play alot of high gain stuff like Trivium, Metallica, BFMV, escape the fate, all that remains
but i also play stuff like Red hot chili peppers, Jimi hendrix, Bloc party, 30 seconds to mars, RATM, stuff with nice cleans and also a bit of crunchy tone.
i'm also in a band that plays mid gain range stuff just a bit more gain the a crunchy sound

I love amps with the ability to get the perfect tone (individual eq knobs, reverb etc)
i dont really want built in effects but reverb would be nice. Also would like a amp that has a pedal i can switch channels with.

I will also buy pedals so if a amp can achieve the heavy tone i want with pedals that's totally fine. (just name what pedals i would need)

oh and i was wondering what people thought of these amps.
Bugera trirec/Mark IV ( i know they arent out yet but think its worth waiting for?) when is it coming out anyways?
Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl (i looked up youtube videos and i felt the tone felt a bit thin, maybe its just me)
Carvin V3
Genz Benz El Diablo
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Last edited by Aashraya at May 23, 2010,
have a look at a blackstar ht venue series, you will need an overdrive pedal to get it into the shredding territory
Definitely the Carvin V3. It can do all that perfectly.

3 channels, with a master EQ over all of that, 2 effects loops (serial and parallel)

Each channel has 3 different modes. It's a 50W to 100W switchable tube amp, that's incredibly responsive to all of it's knobs.

Look into it.
alright thanks guys really appreciate the help!
the carvin looks good i hope i can find one to try it out though

any other amps that i could look at?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Quote by Josh Geohagan
Definitely the Carvin V3. It can do all that perfectly.

3 channels, with a master EQ over all of that, 2 effects loops (serial and parallel)

Each channel has 3 different modes. It's a 50W to 100W switchable tube amp, that's incredibly responsive to all of it's knobs.

Look into it.

do you recommend the combo or stack?
and if i get stack i probably wont get a 4x12 mabye some avatar 2x12

also is this easy to use live?
switching channels and such?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at May 20, 2010,
anybody?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
If you can find one, take a look at the Blackstar Series One 45. It is a 2x12 combo; 45 watts tube, and should do everything you are looking to do with an amplifier.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
If you can find one, take a look at the Blackstar Series One 45. It is a 2x12 combo; 45 watts tube, and should do everything you are looking to do with an amplifier.

think thats over my price range
its like 1700$ ?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
think thats over my price range
its like 1700$ ?

I'm not sure what it will actually sell for, as none of the shops around here has ever been able to get one. There seems to be a considerable difference between what other Blackstar amplifiers are sold for and what they are advertised for. I would certainly like to try one.

That having been said, I agree with those who suggested the Carvin V3. I think you will find it suits your needs perfectly.
Quote by FatalGear41
I'm not sure what it will actually sell for, as none of the shops around here has ever been able to get one. There seems to be a considerable difference between what other Blackstar amplifiers are sold for and what they are advertised for. I would certainly like to try one.

That having been said, I agree with those who suggested the Carvin V3. I think you will find it suits your needs perfectly.

yea i was looking at some videos and it seems very versatile. I think it will suit my needs. Although now i cant decide if i should get the head or combo.

do you know what is easier to handle a combo or a head/2x12 cab?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
If you can find one, a Bugera 6262 is also worth looking into (never played the Carvin V3, so I can't comment on it). 6505 clone, yes, but the cleans are better than those of the 6505 (not to mention it's more versatile, therefore it should do everything you need it to do).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by rocknrolldude43
If you can find one, a Bugera 6262 is also worth looking into (never played the Carvin V3, so I can't comment on it). 6505 clone, yes, but the cleans are better than those of the 6505 (not to mention it's more versatile, therefore it should do everything you need it to do).

yea i heard of the 6262
i was planning on buying it but i didnt win the bid
I was actually waiting for the new trirec by bugera (Dual rec clone) to come out
but right now the carvin seems to be looking real good
idk though i will have to try both out.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
yea i was looking at some videos and it seems very versatile. I think it will suit my needs. Although now i cant decide if i should get the head or combo.

do you know what is easier to handle a combo or a head/2x12 cab?

In the case of the V3, a head and a 2x12 cabinet will be easier. Carvin tube combos are often ridiculously heavy. I never lifted a V3 combo (played a few, though - very nice amps), but I own a Carvin MTS 3212 2x12 combo that is heavy enough to sink a battleship. I really wish it was equipped to take a set of casters.

Either way, I think you will be happy with a V3 - combo or head & cabinet. If you get the combo, it is worth the extra $90.00 to upgrade it to Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the case of the V3, a head and a 2x12 cabinet will be easier. Carvin tube combos are often ridiculously heavy. I never lifted a V3 combo (played a few, though - very nice amps), but I own a Carvin MTS 3212 2x12 combo that is heavy enough to sink a battleship. I really wish it was equipped to take a set of casters.

Either way, I think you will be happy with a V3 - combo or head & cabinet. If you get the combo, it is worth the extra $90.00 to upgrade it to Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.

alright man thanks
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
^exactly. The combos are absolutely ridiculous to lift. I recommend a head and 2x12 cabinet.

The V3 is a good rec, it's my favorite amp for versatility. Carvin make some really good amps, and sell direct so the prices are fantastic. You could also take a look at a marshall jcm 2000 or peavey XXX.

At your budget, I don't see any reason you should get a Bugera.
Quote by denied
^exactly. The combos are absolutely ridiculous to lift. I recommend a head and 2x12 cabinet.

The V3 is a good rec, it's my favorite amp for versatility. Carvin make some really good amps, and sell direct so the prices are fantastic. You could also take a look at a marshall jcm 2000 or peavey XXX.

At your budget, I don't see any reason you should get a Bugera.

alright man i'll check them out.

and yea the combo is 82 pounds jeez..

is there any other cab combo that is better than the avatar for the money?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
P.s this might be a stupid question but
is the carvin V3 a amp i will be in love with for a really long time?
also how are the bogner alchemist?

also any cab recommendations? (1x12 or 2x12 or 2x10s what ever just no 4 speakers)
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at May 21, 2010,
well your tastes may change, but the V3 is pretty versatile. Also I like the bogner alchemist when it's the head version. For some reason when I tried out the head+matching cab vs. the combo it just sounded better, less muffled.
okay well i guess its down to
bogner alchemist or carvin v3 also i heard the carvin can go down to 50 watts is that true?

and which amp would be best for long term? and how do they take pedals? i heard on the V3 clean channel they dont take pedals well? is that true?

EDIT: also this amp Splawn Quick Rod. I looked at a couple of videos and it sounds amazing! is it a bit out of my price range? (1000 dollar budger)
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at May 22, 2010,
anyone?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
hmm i cant seem to find them...
are they rare?
and if the splawn doesnt work out what do you think is more versatile and worth while?
the carvin V3 head or bogner alchemist head?

btw how do you like you Avatar: Traditional 212

and whats the diffrence between traditional/complementary/vintage?

is it like regural sounding / New modern tones / and old tones?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
hmm i cant seem to find them...
are they rare?
and if the splawn doesnt work out what do you think is more versatile and worth while?
the carvin V3 head or bogner alchemist head?

btw how do you like you Avatar: Traditional 212

and whats the diffrence between traditional/complementary/vintage?

is it like regural sounding / New modern tones / and old tones?

they don't show up on craigslist much. A lot of them sell on rig talk or the gear page.
I like my trad fine. It sounds pretty good though I've never gigged it. It doesn't sound quite as good as an Orange ppc212 closed back for it's 1/3 of the price.

The avatars are based on different production cabs. Fender, marshall blues breaker, and orange ppc. So they sound like how those cabs will sound.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
they don't show up on craigslist much. A lot of them sell on rig talk or the gear page.
I like my trad fine. It sounds pretty good though I've never gigged it. It doesn't sound quite as good as an Orange ppc212 closed back for it's 1/3 of the price.

The avatars are based on different production cabs. Fender, marshall blues breaker, and orange ppc. So they sound like how those cabs will sound.

mm okay well i have no real experience with those amps. i've only tried like 4 amps lol so any recommendations in cabs?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
avatar will do you good. Their having a sale right now on their overstock page. 325 + 40 shipping for a 212.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
oh cool thanks

oh and also
which do you think will suit me better the bogner alchemist or V3

only thing getting my worried about the v3 is because its 100 watts. despite that i'm leaning towards the V3
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
i think with the alchemist you'd need an OD pedal to get into the heavier range you were talking about. The only downside i see with the V3 is that you really can't try them out before you buy them, although there is a 11 day (i think) return guarantee if you don't like them.
Quote by FatalGear41

Just checked the website. The V3 combo is 82 pounds (!!!) as opposed to the 37 pound head.
yea 82 pounds suck

and yea i was not going to buy it off their website. i was going to get it off ebay

i just lost a bid it got sold for 560$ and i bid 550$ >
i wish i could try the amp at a store though.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
and Marshall what?

yea i was looking into the bugera 6262 but than i saw that the magician and trirec were coming out so i'm waiting for those.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
okay so i was wondering on what peoples input were on these amps ( dont feel like starting a new thread)
Bugera trirec/Mark IV ( i know they arent out yet but think its worth waiting for?) when is it coming out anyways?
Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl (i looked up youtube videos and i felt the tone felt a bit thin, maybe its just me)
Carvin V3
Genz Benz El Diablo
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at May 23, 2010,