Im currently using the boot disk for Ubuntu(and soon Mint) but Im kinda clueless as to how i specify for windows and mint. Im only using Windows for school (specifically microsoft onenote) and i kinda hate it most of the time. So i want to use Mint at home for almost everything (at least till the google OS comes out ) how does one specify areas at installation?

cheers
calling all c
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at May 20, 2010,
Not quite sure what you mean. You could do a dual boot so you can choose what operating system you want to use when you turn your computer on.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
Not quite sure what you mean. You could do a dual boot so you can choose what operating system you want to use when you turn your computer on.

yes. although, i just read that with mint, you can install it like an application to windows so you just click the icon and go right to mint. I have off tomorrow so i have something to work on now
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
alt+F4

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by Dirge Humani
Not sure about Mint, but I know Ubuntu has a very easy to understand partitioner and GRUB installer built into it. It's basically just run it, tell the computer how large to make the partitions, and go.

hrmmm. wasnt that fun when i tried it early today. ill have to look at it again.

On the Ubuntu installer it says "no root file system is defined"

I went through the portioning menu, but that didnt do it. help?

(btw, i dont i think i even want to go to the ubuntu help)
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at May 20, 2010,
Is Mint a version of Linux? I haven't been keeping up with those since my Linux class in high school. But assuming it's an operating system, you should be able to use partitioning software that's included in almost all boot disks to specify how much space to allot to each operating system.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by deafening
alt+F4

He could just delete system32 while he's at it.

DISCLAIMER: Don't do that^
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Last edited by CullenT at May 20, 2010,
Quote by CullenT
He could just delete system32 while he's at it.

DISCLAIMER: Don't do that^

no thats what im going to do to get windows 7 on my school laptop. There only giving it to incoming freshman, and those who have software issues. and yes i know that google exists, but i didnt seem to find anything useful on youtube. And im SOOO ready for the chrome OS. SO MUCH WANT
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII