So I'm looking into getting back into guitar and need a new set up... I play mostly metalcore/deathcore/screamo/ETC... I was looking at a peavy valveking 112 and a Shecter Hellraiser Deluxe... I have $1000 to spend on both.
Peavey 6505+ 112 would be better for what you want to play.

Hellraiser's are awesome, but you should get a guitar that feels good to you. I love the features on the Hellraiser's (EMG's, coil tap, 2 volume controls) But I can't stand the necks.

Every person is different and what may be a dream to play for one will be a nightmare for another.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Oh, $1000 total? I thought you meant $1000 each.

In that case, still get the 6505+, and get a cheaper guitar. The guitar isn't nearly as important as the amp if you want to sound good. Just find something cheap that you like the feel of and has the features you want. Used gear is definitely a good way to go as well.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Any guitars you suggest? I went to guitar center today and kind of fell in love with the hellraiser, the sound, the look, and the feel of it, I played it against a few LTDs that were a couple hundred more, and I just really liked the schecter.
Never get the hellriser, the neck is f-ing retarded and makes you feel stupid. Ironic thing is that hellriser is their most prominent line but my c-1 plays hell much better.
I didn't mind the neck. didn't make me feel stupid at all, however I never played a guitar that made me feel stupid? What exactly didn't you like about the neck?
Looks like you're looking for a fixed bridge guitar with a mahogany body and EMG's, right? I'd definitely look used. You may even find the exact guitar you're looking at, at a price you can afford.

After looking a little bit, I don't really see a guitar comparable to it at the same or cheaper price. I highly suggest going back to GC, and playing everything there that catches your eye.

Is it possible to raise your budget at all?

EDIT:
Quote by Blooddrunk_Moon
Never get the hellriser, the neck is f-ing retarded and makes you feel stupid. Ironic thing is that hellriser is their most prominent line but my c-1 plays hell much better.

It's really, with no exceptions, subjective. Just because it made you feel that way doesn't mean it will for other people. No one's hands are exactly the same as another person's.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 20, 2010,
Well when I went to guitar center today I played a good 7 or 8 guitars all in the range of $350-800, and really just loved the hellraiser, If anything I'd really like to have it haha... what exactly don't you guys like about the neck, since I found it to be fine?
Makes you feel stupid? wow, that is just plain horrible feedback. One of my friends has the hellraiser deluxe and he loves it. He plays speedmetal and other forms of metal just fine on it. Not once have I heard him say the neck was crap or made him feel stupid.
Check out the damien elite series, its alot simmilar, its still mahogany, still has Emgs (no coil tap tho) floyd rose (special not ofr but specials good) and its bolt on (hellraiser is set thru) also this only has one volume pot and a maple neck, but its under 600 bucks w/floyd or in 7 string, normal is only 500 bucks, and simmilar paint coat
Eh.
the hellraiser is sweet but it's more important to get a decent amp to achieve a good tone and compliment the guitar. A hellraiser is a professional level guitar when played through a good amp, but If you buy that then some shitty SS then you might as well have a squier fat strat.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Just get a used 5150(old version of the 6505), my friend got a signature 5150 head for $350 on craigslist, easily as cheap as you'll see any valveking go for as well. Or a used 6505. Or even the Peavey VTM which is the predecessor to the 5150, they can be found on the cheap side(250-350), and are good sounding amps.
I was searching through my local craiglist (south florida) and there really isnt much of anything moderately decent.
6505 112 combo

Ibanez S series guitar, block the trem if you need to.

or have a look at some of the agile range.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb