whenever i try to select a effect or something they don't work on my good computer but on my crappy computer everything works fine. anybody know why?
the bad computer was custom with win xp made by my bro atleast 6 years ago and the good computer is a dell studio xps with vista and none of the effects work on it when i click on them
what recording interface are you using?

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Did you drag the effect block down into the main window? You sure you turned them on properly?
Quote by NIN1993
the bad computer was custom with win xp made by my bro atleast 6 years ago and the good computer is a dell studio xps with vista and none of the effects work on it when i click on them

See what I did there?

Besides being somewhat of an ass, I am serious. I used to have Vista, and none of my recording stuff worked. (Using Music Creator 4 at the time, with a Audigy interface). I downgraded back to XP, and everything worked fine again.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Besides being somewhat of an ass, I am serious. I used to have Vista, and none of my recording stuff worked. (Using Music Creator 4 at the time, with a Audigy interface). I downgraded back to XP, and everything worked fine again.

You could just try to Google around a bit about finding the right drivers and setup for Vista. I've seen so countless of people complaining about Vista/7 doesn't work this and doesn't work that and it was traced back in wrongly installed driver by the user-end.

Now the thing the TS needs is to check if the audio driver is properly installed on his newer computer. The older computer might has better audio system which resulted in better performance. Most onboard integrated audio are not powerful enough to render good real-time audio quality. You often need a independent studio-grade audio card for that kind of task. A tip for all of you without a good ASIO supported audio card is to install ASIO4ALL and use it with Guitar Rig. Try it out.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at May 21, 2010,
You better get an update to GuitarRig, since it works great under Vista *once* you've updated it. I had some serious crashes with GuitarRig3 on XP when using it as a VST in Cubase until I did an update. Plus... there's the update tool, so you can't do much wrong at all.
Quote by hminh87
You could just try to Google around a bit about finding the right drivers and setup for Vista. I've seen so countless of people complaining about Vista/7 doesn't work this and doesn't work that and it was traced back in wrongly installed driver by the user-end.

Now the thing the TS needs is to check if the audio driver is properly installed on his newer computer. The older computer might has better audio system which resulted in better performance. Most onboard integrated audio are not powerful enough to render good real-time audio quality. You often need a independent studio-grade audio card for that kind of task. A tip for all of you without a good ASIO supported audio card is to install ASIO4ALL and use it with Guitar Rig. Try it out.

The driver for my hardware literally didn't exist for Vista. I guess they just couldn't be assed to make one.

It's unlikely that TS and I have the same problem, but it's a possibility.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ok you need to tell us more information about whats happening other than "it doesn't work"

can you hear no sound at all? is there some sound but the effects aren't applying. it could be a number of things like your audio drivers, your guitar-usb device driver, your sound routing, confliction with your routing and other drivers. even just compatibility between software and the operating system.

give us more details. Whats your usb device? what drivers are you using? how have you got your sound settings routed?

btw im an IT professional so i could pretty much answer anything.