Acording to the 'spot light' part of youtube's home page a woman named Carla Bruni-sarkozy found a way to prevent HIV passed on from mothers to their children when they're born. It's just that they need funding and they are trying to get people to sign a petition stating that they support the idea of The Global Fund giving them some funding.

What do you guys think?

If you're intrested to find out more or sign the petition you can go to www.youtube.com/bornHIVfree
Last edited by Zakk_Lp at May 20, 2010,
I don't know...

Youtube, Internet, someone claiming something scientific that I have no idea about.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
HIV free generations would be a good result, but you should research how they're able to prevent the disease IF they get the money. The medical world have been researching and developing treatments for the virus since its beginning, and with it being an extremely important medical issue laboratories currently have the funding. At the present time there are two well known treatments for HIV/AIDS; Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) and AZT -the first drug against HIV/AIDS. Apart from these treatments, the only other present method to half the risk of mother-baby transmission is through Caesarean section.
She's married to the president of France, I'm sure she doesn't need pull from YouTube and an internet petition.

And foremost, I'd like to see someone elaborate on their theory rather than a well-known figure talking about how just the cause is.
why would someone with hiv be having sex?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
why would someone with hiv be having sex?

Yeah great question (???) - I've got one for you, why do unaffected people have sex?
prevention is very easy and not costly.
1: is dont have a child. no child = no diseased child.
2: kill the mom. no mother = no child. not something i would encourage though..
3: kill the baby. no baby = no diseased baby. again, not the best option.

stick with number 1 and everyone's problems are solved!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I think it is possible if you prevent any of the mother and babies bodily fluids coming into contact with each other, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that though, ceasarian section does lower the probability though.
-TimmyExtreme-
AFAIK putting the mother on HIV medication greatly reduces the chances of passing it on to the children. That's what I learned in health class in high school, at least.

Does she describe the method in one of the videos?
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Acording to the 'spot light' part of youtube's home page a woman named Carla Bruni-sarkozy found a way to prevent HIV passed on from mothers to their children when they're born. It's just that they need funding and they are trying to get people to sign a petition stating that they support the idea of The Global Fund giving them some funding.

What do you guys think?

If you're intrested to find out more or sign the petition you can go to www.youtube.com/bornHIVfree

I think you'll find she's a figurehead, rather than a researcher. Being the President of France's wife and all.
It wont work, AIDS is passed through the umbilical cord.

So it'd have be before birth itself
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
This is quite an unsettling and sad topic. Why has the TS put the smiley in the thread title? is the video a joke or something?
"a woman"
I think TS needs to read up a bit more on current affairs...

It sounds to me like they just want money for research, that they haven't actually come up with a solution that just needs funds for testing.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.