I currently have an LTD EC-1000 with EMGs, and 3 schecters all with 2 humbuckers...I am looking to get something for more styles of music. I want something with better funk, blues, jazz, and classic rock tones. I was thinking something along the lines of a Strat but I have yet to play a strat that I like the feel of. Would a Telecaster be ok? I'm not really sure and I would like some suggestions as to what would be some good choices.
The best revenge is bettering yourself-Zacky V

311 Freak of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
the telecaster has a sick neck pickup. have you thought about a jaguar? they have hotter single coils and are pretty awesome after you swap out the bridge.
Hmm never really played one. Where could I find one?

blues and jazz are probobly the styles jaguars do worst- not a good option. A tele would be fine though

EDIT: this video explains why using a jag for blues isn't a good idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA172i2BQoc
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Last edited by Redstar5wp at May 20, 2010,
jazzmaster a feasible option?

yeah a jazzmaster could be kl for jazz though again not really for blues. A nice strat or tele would still be a better option though in my opinion.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
I don't know what it is, I just don't have such a liking for Strats...sound great and all but I can't find one that feels good.

Just curious, whats wrong with the way a strat feels? Is it the neck? Telecasters are nice sounding guitars. For me, the telecaster just didn't sound as good as the stratocaster. But that's just my opinion. You should try out a deluxe nashville telecaster. They are very versatile guitars.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the necks on strats...

I have a tele and it's the best neck i've ever played and I'm not the only one who thinks so either.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Hmm Ibanez looks amazing...whats the price on that? Oh and to shaggydog...how is that bugera for cleans and metalish tones?

Quote by full_ride_311
thanks for the link

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ahh man id recommend a tele. never figured myself as a tele player before i got one but get one i did and ive never looked back punchy in the bridge, smooth in the neck and so niceeeeeeeeeee inbetween the two
Quote by CatBunny
Dude, just coil tap one of your guitars

this.

is what I meant