Ok so I'm looking into buying another guitar. my price range is around $300-500. I know thats not really good but hey I just need something thats decently good. I want a locking trem because I'm interested in playing metal right now. Any recommendations?
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
i would look online for guitars with locking tremolos.

Isn't that what he's doing...?

Check out Jackson Dinky's, the trems are pretty good for being so cheap. i think they are right around $500.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
To be completely honest.. I wouldn't recommend any guitar with a locking trem for 3-5 hundred dollars. Any guitar with a licensed floyd rose will have problems with the floyd (Unless you are lucky) Ibanez edge 3's suck, the ltd licensed floyds suck, idk about jackson/schecter/etc.. but im pretty sure they will crap out on you. A guitar with an Ibanez ZR trem would be good (isn't a floyd model). i would stay the hell away from licensed floyds. They work for a little while then start never going back to their original position. Don't waste your money and maybe save up or just buy a guitar without the locking trem. Of course if you come across a good deal, probably used, in your price range and it has an ORIGINAL FLOYD ROSE definitely buy it. I'm just speaking from experience. stay the **** away from Licensed floyds. Edge PRO's are good, Original floyd rose's are good, Gotoh licensed floyds are good(surprisingly). My personal rule of thumb when buying is every licensed floyd will end up being worthless.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
^^ Jackson LFR's are actually pretty decent. They aren't OFR material, but they're not bad.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by dez_cole
Any guitar with a licensed floyd rose will have problems with the floyd

My personal rule of thumb when buying is every licensed floyd will end up being worthless.

I highly disagree with these statements. My LTD MH-100 has a VERY cheap licensed floyd rose, and damnit, it's just fine. I've had the guitar well over a year, and I've had no real problems with it. After tuning it well, it can go about 2-3 weeks with nothing more than 1 or 2 slight adjustments to the G string's fine tuner. Yeah, it was a bitch to set up, but honestly, is there a floyd rose out there that isn't?
The bottom line is, yes, an original floyd rose is going to be much, much better than a licensed floyd rose, but that doesn't mean you should disregard any guitar with an LFR.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
@dez_cole Your personal rule of thumb is bullshit.

My LTD is nearly a year old, and not a single problem with it. It's all about setting it up correctly and not using it like a middle schooler would.

If that's not enough time, the Lo-TRS II on my RG is 7 years old, and still works perfectly fine, returns right back to where it was every time.

I don't know if you've gotten a really bad trem, or if you're forming opinions based off of UG's opinions, but LFR's are not to be avoided the way you claim they should be.

EDIT:

TS, ebay and craigs list are your friends.

If you want something new, check these out.
LTD MH-50
LTD M-100FM
Jackson DX10D
B.C. Rich ASM Standard
B.C. Rich Outlaw PX3T

EDIT 2: If dez_cole has you convinced, the Outlaw PX3T actually has an OFR.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 21, 2010,
Get an Ibanez S- - - -

good versitile guitars for the money, nice thin neck and a ZR locking trem which is one of the best trems out there bar none IMO

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb